Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hychewright

Driver 180.48

I have FSX Vista 64 bit version with a GTX 280 graphics card. I see that NVIDIA has a new driver, 180.48.... Should I install this driver? Has anybody had any problems with it? Please advise.... Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have FSX Vista 64 bit version with a GTX 280 graphics card. I see that NVIDIA has a new driver, 180.48.... Should I install this driver? Has anybody had any problems with it? Please advise.... Thanks
For what it is worth, I have a new i7-940, MSI MB w/3G RAM, Vista 64 and GTX260 running this driver. I have just finished installing SP1 and 2 and setting all main sliders almost to max and DX10 on. It is awsome!Merry Christmas!

I'm using it with great success. my advice, try it and if you do not like it, do a rollback to your existing driver...Sherm

For what it is worth, I have a new i7-940, MSI MB w/3G RAM, Vista 64 and GTX260 running this driver. I have just finished installing SP1 and 2 and setting all main sliders almost to max and DX10 on. It is awsome!Merry Christmas!
I'm wondering if the driver had as much to do with your success as the newly acquired hardware :( Nice equipment, BTW.

I use the 180.48 drivers for FSX but found them better after turning off the PhysX feature. I tried turning it off after reading the following post and although, possibly, it's only advantage is when using it in SLI mode, turning it off did improve FSX. http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=589053vista64gk7.jpgiss2.pngRay