Hey guys,Congrats again, I spent all night last night, installing ASA on a WideFS box, moving GEPro over to the same box, uninstalling GEPro and ASSV6.5 from the FS box and then of course defragging all the free space I had :)One quick question, How do we integrate ASA and FSBuild? I am trying to point FSBuild to \\widefsclientbox\asa but I am not getting any winds aloft data into FSBuild.Is the same type of integration between ASV6.5 and FSBuild available in ASA? Thanks and congrats again, happy holidays everyone,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest nigvilla
Hey guys,Congrats again, I spent all night last night, installing ASA on a WideFS box, moving GEPro over to the same box, uninstalling GEPro and ASSV6.5 from the FS box and then of course defragging all the free space I had :)One quick question, How do we integrate ASA and FSBuild? I am trying to point FSBuild to \\widefsclientbox\asa but I am not getting any winds aloft data into FSBuild.Is the same type of integration between ASV6.5 and FSBuild available in ASA? Thanks and congrats again, happy holidays everyone,-Paul
Paul,I have not tried this yet but I did ask the same question of Jim at Hi Fi last night. In FS Build under Options you 'tell' FS Build where to look for the weather snapshot file. With ASX this was :D:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\HiFi\XEngine\ASX\Weather. I think this needs re-setting now for ASA to :D:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\HiFi\ASA.Obviously the Drive letter will vary as each individuals system.Happy Xmas!!

Paul,I have not tried this yet but I did ask the same question of Jim at Hi Fi last night. In FS Build under Options you 'tell' FS Build where to look for the weather snapshot file. With ASX this was :D:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\HiFi\XEngine\ASX\Weather. I think this needs re-setting now for ASA to :D:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\HiFi\ASA.Obviously the Drive letter will vary as each individuals system.Happy Xmas!!
Brilliant Nigel,Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.It is actually C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\HiFi\ASA\Weatherand for those of us on the network just share the ASA directory from the above path and point your FSBuild.cfg to:\\WIDEFSCLIENTMACHINE\ASA\Weather and you should be good to go, worked like a charm for me.Thanks again Nigel!!!-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hi,It doesn't seem to be so simple. I have tested in the meanwhile a lot with FSBuild, ASA and ASV6. The winds aloft are totally different, when I changed to the ASA directory. I investigated more in detail, that with ASA FSBuild takes totally wrong weather stations when I include the station column instead of ETA. With ASV6 FSBuild takes exactly the same stations as in the ASV6 NavLog. I have posted this also in the FSBuild forum because there must have changed something. If you need some samples I can provide them to you. Best regards Reinhard

Guest Kostas

Hello..I 've allready changed my FSBuild path to C.......\HiFi\ASA in order to get the winds aloft from ASA but i din't get any winds aloft at all. At all points of my flight plan at the right-end corner (at FSBuild) it was reading 0 (zero) all the way down... :( Do you think that we must not change the path at FSBuild at leave it as it was before (FS/modules/ASV6)...?Your quick replies will be highly appreciated..!My very best regards to all new ASA users...Kostas-LGTS

Hello..I 've allready changed my FSBuild path to C.......\HiFi\ASA in order to get the winds aloft from ASA but i din't get any winds aloft at all. At all points of my flight plan at the right-end corner (at FSBuild) it was reading 0 (zero) all the way down... :( Do you think that we must not change the path at FSBuild at leave it as it was before (FS/modules/ASV6)...?Your quick replies will be highly appreciated..!My very best regards to all new ASA users...Kostas-LGTS

Guest nigvilla
Kostas,Are you sure that the path you quote above is where the weather snapshot file created by ASA resides? As I posted before on my system it seems to sit either in :D:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\HiFi\ASA or D:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\HiFi\ASA\Weather...In fact the 'current wx file' seems to duplicate so I'm not sure which of those paths is best to tell FS Build to 'look' for.Edit: Just tried this for myself with route EIDW - LSGG on FS Build and wind data column was populated with figures ok. I used D:......................\ASA\Weather and it seems ok?Nigel UK

Hi All,Our file structure hasn't changed that much so the key is to point FSB to the current_wx_snapshot file and everything should be OK.Thanks!

Guest Kostas

It looks like i missed the "Weather" at the end of the path...I will try again setting the path correctly (D:..........\ASA\Weather)Thank you very much for yr helpBest Regards..! name='nigvilla' date='Jan 12 2009, 07:52 PM' post='1525143']Kostas,Are you sure that the path you quote above is where the weather snapshot file created by ASA resides? As I posted before on my system it seems to sit either in :D:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\HiFi\ASA or D:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\HiFi\ASA\Weather...In fact the 'current wx file' seems to duplicate so I'm not sure which of those paths is best to tell FS Build to 'look' for.Edit: Just tried this for myself with route EIDW - LSGG on FS Build and wind data column was populated with figures ok. I used D:......................\ASA\Weather and it seems ok?Nigel UK

I found another setting encase we forgot. . . .In the option folder go to "settings" tab on the bottom. Once there, there should be a drop down window for "Weather", click and switch to "AS6" and hit the "Save Config Option". Then go to the top left and check mark "Apply winds aloft data", and hit the "save config Data" again. Shut down FSBuild and restart and it will work. I used Vista and I followed the paths mentioned in prev postings, just make sure you draw the path to AS6/weather. Thanks guys.