Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

29dec08: Fs9 Md-11 Release Update

I hope whatever they learned to import the MD11 model into FS9 will enable them to more quickly release the NG v2 for FS9 quicker down the road.

Eric 

Guest GAMER
I hope whatever they learned to import the MD11 model into FS9 will enable them to more quickly release the NG v2 for FS9 quicker down the road.
I would say most likely not as they will have the same computability issues between the two sim platforms.Michael

Guest GAMER
Captains-Just a quick note to give you some updated information on our release expectations for the PMDG MD-11 for FS9...As you all are well aware by now, PMDG does not publish release dates because our experience has been that they are virtually meaningless when it comes to proper software development practices.On 12DEC08 I published an update in which I told you that we were hoping to release before Christmas, but would certainly release before the end of 2008... I probably should have deleted that sentence, in retrospect.We have been struggling to find solutions for some problems that have created havoc with our attempts to get the MD-11 model properly imported to FS9. The fact is that FS9 is a very outdated platform, and it offers very severely limited capabilities when compared to FSX.Tonight we had a short discussion to review where we are, and to compare thoughts of key developers on the team with respect to our release expectations, and we have adjusted our timeline outward once again to include the time between 02JAN to 05JAN.While we have a releasable product on our hands right now- we feel that a few more days of testing and tweaking will make the difference between a very good release and an excellent release.Either way- we are essentially finished- we are just working out some last minute details to make the product meet your expectations.For those who have purchased the COMBO that includes the FSX and FS9 version: Keep an eye on your email. We will be sending download links to all of you before we release the product to the general public. You will get a few hours jump on everyone else. ;-)To all of you who have been waiting patiently (or impatiently!) for the PMDG MD-11 to appear in FS9, the wait is nearly over. We appreciate your patience- and we look forward to delivering an MD-11 simulation that exceeds your expectations!
Assuming that the price would be around $80, I think it is a good move to delay it as people would expect excellence at that price point.Michael P.

Guest firefoxxx

I think that the release is getting closer and closer. How about some short update? :(

Guest firefoxxx
LMAO :(
Yeah, and that was joke. :D But a short update wouldn't be bad if you know something that we don't. :)

Guest GAMER
I think that the release is getting closer and closer. How about some short update? :(
I think we have made these guys mad enough, they will most likely not say anything at all and it will just show up on the website one fine day. i think they made a big mistake and even hinting of a release at all, because people start to expect it and when it doesn't happen due to technical reasons that suddenly come up, people get mad. I think on future projects it should be yeah we are working on _____________ and that is it, then one fine day it just shows up.I want this add on probably worse than any one, but at $80 I want it right and if I had to wait another year for it, than so be it. PMDG should not say a thing about release time, no count down, nothing, it just shows up.Michael P.

Guest JaredA

I don't see anything wrong with just putting a product out there when the developers feel they can't do anything more to the new release, except that I think either way you look at it someone somewhere will not like the A. Silence about a project or projected release date/range. B. A projected release date/range that turns out to be false for whatever reason. or C. The "We are working on it." statement with no completion projection. I feel for developers for that reason, but in any case we can be assured that they will be happy with their work and we will enjoy their work when its all said and done. Can't wait for the MD-11!! Jared

Guest GAMER
I don't see anything wrong with just putting a product out there when the developers feel they can't do anything more to the new release, except that I think either way you look at it someone somewhere will not like the A. Silence about a project or projected release date/range. B. A projected release date/range that turns out to be false for whatever reason. or C. The "We are working on it." statement with no completion projection. I feel for developers for that reason, but in any case we can be assured that they will be happy with their work and we will enjoy their work when its all said and done. Can't wait for the MD-11!! Jared
We live in a society of spoiled children that want it yesterday, and you will never please these people.Michael P.

At risk of getting deleted by to those people that are STILL whining..............SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your whining isn't gonna change a single bloody thing. Man it is just getting sooo annoying. Grow up!.........with all due respect.

Guys, just to clarify on RSR's "FS9 is outdated" comment:He's referring to its technical graphics capabilities in terms of things like the visual model, texture resolution, etc. Most of the problems we've run into with the FS9 version have to do with attempting to create the same level of visual fidelity as the FSX version has - some of these things are just not technically possible in FS9, but that hasn't stopped us from trying anyway. Vin has put in a hell of a lot of work trying to get the VC and visual model working right.You'll all be happy to know though that I'm getting 40-60+ FPS at basically all times with Release Candidate 1. This is a very good performing airplane as far as the FPS go.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest GAMER
Guys, just to clarify on RSR's "FS9 is outdated" comment:He's referring to its technical graphics capabilities in terms of things like the visual model, texture resolution, etc. Most of the problems we've run into with the FS9 version have to do with attempting to create the same level of visual fidelity as the FSX version has - some of these things are just not technically possible in FS9, but that hasn't stopped us from trying anyway. Vin has put in a hell of a lot of work trying to get the VC and visual model working right.You'll all be happy to know though that I'm getting 40-60+ FPS at basically all times with Release Candidate 1. This is a very good performing airplane as far as the FPS go.
"40-60+ FPS" WOW! so I figure I should get a solid 30FPS with my older machine with a 1.8 gig processor. That would be better than the 747.Michael P.

Ryan, frame rates are good but what is more important is how taxing it is on the users virtual memory. The VM is what leads to OOM's.

Eric 

Guest GAMER
Ryan, frame rates are good but what is more important is how taxing it is on the users virtual memory. The VM is what leads to OOM's.
I would be interested to find out if Vista might contribute to that problem.Michael P.

Guest HGJ

2 Januari...... The timeline is 2-5 Januari..... I am waiting now... for the GREAT MD-11 PMDG for FS9!!... :( Greetz Dutchman Hendrik Jan v Leeuwen