Sign in to follow this  

Fex Users Who Have Bought Rex?

I own FEX and I wonder if REX is any better. The screenshots all look the same to me... BTW I also have ASA, so I do not need the REX weather engine: I am only interested in the graphics.

Guest JimC1702

I have both FEX and REX. I don't think the clouds in REX are any better than FEX and possibly not even as realistic looking. The water is REX is fantastic though and I'm pleased with the product for that alone. I do like the sky colors with REX and the available airport textures. I've given up using the REX weather engine, although it works fine for me. I've loaded a texture set I like, and I just use the FSX built-in real world weather.I'm anxious to see what the update to REX will bring and I'm also hopeful we'll see the promised weather engine for FEX sometime soon. Then I'll make a decision which product to stick with. Jim

I have both FEX and REX. I don't think the clouds in REX are any better than FEX and possibly not even as realistic looking. The water is REX is fantastic though and I'm pleased with the product for that alone. I do like the sky colors with REX and the available airport textures. I've given up using the REX weather engine, although it works fine for me. I've loaded a texture set I like, and I just use the FSX built-in real world weather.I'm anxious to see what the update to REX will bring and I'm also hopeful we'll see the promised weather engine for FEX sometime soon. Then I'll make a decision which product to stick with. Jim
Almost the same here. I think the clouds are a toss up. The water/sky/airport textures in Rex is superior though imho.I also use Rex in the same manner.

Almost the same here. I think the clouds are a toss up. The water/sky/airport textures in Rex is superior though imho.I also use Rex in the same manner.
Well, i get a very good 'cloud result' when i use the REX weather engine. Like to try one of my favorite setups ? Stormy day sky theme, Cumulus 54 and Cirrus 21 together with real weather. I made some pics on my latest Australia flight from Warnervale to Coffs :( .(you can view the screen shots over here http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums/index...howtopic=161067 )

Similar answer as others. Own FEX - purchased REX. After 2 or 3 weeks of trying different options, I have decided on the REX water, the airport textures and lights as "keepers". FEX is still the winner in "BEST" clouds for me. Have not purchased ASA yet (seems the jury is still out on a few issues) and I'm hopeful either REX or FEX will come thru with a "real time" world weather program with accurate winds aloft and NO unreal wind shifts (yea, I know this is probably wishing too much :( )

WAT1460.png

It won't be FEX as their weather program was shelved months ago.

It won't be FEX as their weather program was shelved months ago.
hmmmmmmm.. :( . that's odd since the last public statement I can find was made by Chris Norris on Oct 12, 2008 in the FEX forum......Hi Folks,Do not be alarmed The weather engine component WILL be delivered, that has never been under any doubt what-so-ever and too much work has been done not to deliver it. As is often the case it has taken much longer than expect due to unforeseen circumstances, for that I can only apologize.Regards,Chris.......maybe the 3PDs know something we don't....... :(

WAT1460.png

Posted: 12 October 2008 at 10:38am" A thought just occurred..I have been puzzling over the report by Charlysix that Flight1 staff had intimated the weather engine wasn't going to be released. I believe this MAY have been a misunderstanding.We had planned a full commercial Environment Simulator, however this now looks exceedingly unlikely for economic reasons. Alot of work has already been done towards that goal however to complete the original vision will require allot more development time. Whilst I am not ruling it out completely, Flight1 staff would have been aware that the idea had been pushed to the background and it is probable that this is what they meant and not the free weather component of FEX. Chris Norris"http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...=23047&PN=2

Oh and the above means that the free weather engine is still a go, as far as i can tell... a fullblown commercial weather engine isn't, or at least unlikely.To get back on topic and answer the original poster's question:I have them all too.. ASA, REX, and FEX, X Graphics. I mix all graphics (with awesome results) to my taste, and use a networked ASA for my weather engine.Both FEX and REX have great clouds, REX water is on top of anything currently outthere IMO (esp combined with the excellent FSWC "FSWater configurator)".REX also has some great airport graphics, but than so does Graphics X. All 3 have great skies, suns, moons.Beauty is in the eye of the beholder-- and with so many graphics out there, there's something for everyone. I'd say they all mix up very well. And as long as my wife agrees me spending on it, I'm a happy Chaser.Gert