Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McCrash

Yoke Question Concerning Saitek And Ch.

I watch a couple of videos at youtube and it seems like both yokes have to be moved quite a bit before the aircraft reacts.Is there a way to set the yoke sensitivity to be more responsive?Also the CH I believe has only one throttle control? What about mult-engined aircraft?With the Saitek Pro Flight you can have quadrant units.But they must take up a lot of space and the clamping system looks like it needs a lot of space too.If you have these products can you enlighten me? Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I watch a couple of videos at youtube and it seems like both yokes have to be moved quite a bit before the aircraft reacts.Is there a way to set the yoke sensitivity to be more responsive?Also the CH I believe has only one throttle control? What about mult-engined aircraft?With the Saitek Pro Flight you can have quadrant units.But they must take up a lot of space and the clamping system looks like it needs a lot of space too.If you have these products can you enlighten me? Thanks.
I own a Saitek Pro Yoke, Saitel Pro Rudder Pedals, Extra Saitek Throttle Quad, CH Pro Pedals and a Thrustmater Hotas Cougar. If the yokes have to move alot in the video to get any response, then their axis' have already been customized. You can make the yoke as "touchy"/responsive as you want by setting the sensitivity. The Saitek throttle quads are about 3.5" wide not all that big. I highly recommend FSUIPC for all of your FSX axis assigments and button programming.

I have almost exact same config, except I have a Saitek X45 instead of the Cougar. My desk is used for everything, not just simming. I remove the yoke when not flying (it takes up a lot of space and interferes with the keyboard tray). The throttle and quad units I have attached to the front of the desk drawer, and that works well (I have a c-clamp to hold the drawer when simming). Since it takes a little setup, I often use the X45 stick when just taking a quick spin or doing some testing. I use fsuipc to control everything except the X45. I have that profiled for many years and am happy with that. (I still use some buttons on the X45 when in "yoke mode"). I have separate fsuipc setups for yoke or stick, with separate desktop shortcuts which load the right one.scott s..