Sign in to follow this  
TexasGary

Cargo Doors & Fsx Pmdg Md-11

Using the PMDG MD-11, the cargo doors close using keyboard Cntrl + Shift + N. If I perform a flight without Radar Contact, the cargo doors on the MD-11 close normally using keyboard Cntrl + Shift + N. But whenever I perform a flight with Radar Contact, the cargo doors will not close using keyboard Cntrl + Shift + N. I tried it both with the RC4 window in view and also with it hidden, but the cargo doors will not close. So it seems like RC is interfering by using Cntrl + Shift + N for one of its functions. But I have been thru the RC4 keystroke list many times, and there is no Cntrl + Shift + N keystroke associated with it. Just wondering if anyone else using this the FSX MD11 with RC4 is having this problem. JD, does RC4x use Cntrl + Shift + N for something that is not listed in the keyboard shortcuts?

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

Using the PMDG MD-11, the cargo doors close using keyboard Cntrl + Shift + N. If I perform a flight without Radar Contact, the cargo doors on the MD-11 close normally using keyboard Cntrl + Shift + N. But whenever I perform a flight with Radar Contact, the cargo doors will not close using keyboard Cntrl + Shift + N. I tried it both with the RC4 window in view and also with it hidden, but the cargo doors will not close. So it seems like RC is interfering by using Cntrl + Shift + N for one of its functions. But I have been thru the RC4 keystroke list many times, and there is no Cntrl + Shift + N keystroke associated with it. Just wondering if anyone else using this the FSX MD11 with RC4 is having this problem. JD, does RC4x use Cntrl + Shift + N for something that is not listed in the keyboard shortcuts?
i vaguely remember cntrl-shift-n, but i'll have to go look in the old code to see what it doesjd

If you want to try something do the following carefully after making a safe copy of keyboard.dat file to use as a backup to restore it.Go into the rcv4 folder. Open keyboard.dat with notepad after copying it for safety. Make sure text wrap is off. The start of mine looks like this: 49 , 50 , 51 , 52 , 53 , 954 , 54 , 56 , 57 , 48 , 187 , 55 , 845 , 843 , 844 , 848 , 847 , 855 , 448 , 846 , 840 , 842 , I emphasized the value 846 which is CTRL+SHIFT+N. It does not show in my keyboard map window and might be a default left over or it might be a peudo-virtual keystroke used by software.Make sure notepad is in replace, not insert mode. You will probably have to press the Insert button on your keyboard just once. Put your cursor before the first 8 of 846. Type 002 so the letters replace 846 without changing any spacing. Save the file insuring it is in text mode but without changing the file name or extension.Try opening RC4 and make sure it does not crash. Load up a short flight plan and fly it in FS. CTRL+SHIFT+N should not affect anything now . If all goes well then your done. If not you can delete keyboard.dat and rename your backup copy to keyboard.dat.Disclaimer: This is just a workaround and I'm not sure if it will have any side effects. Your registration is contained in there so be real sure you do not affect the formatting of this file and that you have a backup. You must use a text editor such as notepad. You can also use wordpad very carefully. Do not use MS Word. Do not use Excel. You are on your own responsibility here :)

If you want to try something do the following carefully after making a safe copy of keyboard.dat file to use as a backup to restore it.Go into the rcv4 folder. Open keyboard.dat with notepad after copying it for safety. Make sure text wrap is off. The start of mine looks like this: 49 , 50 , 51 , 52 , 53 , 954 , 54 , 56 , 57 , 48 , 187 , 55 , 845 , 843 , 844 , 848 , 847 , 855 , 448 , 846 , 840 , 842 , I emphasized the value 846 which is CTRL+SHIFT+N. It does not show in my keyboard map window and might be a default left over or it might be a peudo-virtual keystroke used by software.Make sure notepad is in replace, not insert mode. You will probably have to press the Insert button on your keyboard just once. Put your cursor before the first 8 of 846. Type 002 so the letters replace 846 without changing any spacing. Save the file insuring it is in text mode but without changing the file name or extension.Try opening RC4 and make sure it does not crash. Load up a short flight plan and fly it in FS. CTRL+SHIFT+N should not affect anything now . If all goes well then your done. If not you can delete keyboard.dat and rename your backup copy to keyboard.dat.Disclaimer: This is just a workaround and I'm not sure if it will have any side effects. Your registration is contained in there so be real sure you do not affect the formatting of this file and that you have a backup. You must use a text editor such as notepad. You can also use wordpad very carefully. Do not use MS Word. Do not use Excel. You are on your own responsibility here :)
Many thanks, Ron! I tried changing the .dat file as you suggested above and that solved the problem I was having. Thanks again for quickly looking into this and coming up with a solution.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR