Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gweebarra

Help, Where Is The Gps Switch

Just trying to get my act together on the glass cockpit cessna 152 and beech baron (default aircraft), I can set the gps up for my route, get the autopilot on etc but I cant find the nav/gps switch to get the auopilot to follow the sat nav. I know it must be ubder my nose somewhere but I'll be devilled if I can find it. Can anyne help? :( Gweebarraflying from Ireland

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

In the default Garmin G1000 FSX aircraft the CDI button on the PFD will cycle you through Nav1, Nav2 and GPS sources. Just like the manual says!

In the default Garmin G1000 FSX aircraft the CDI button on the PFD will cycle you through Nav1, Nav2 and GPS sources. Just like the manual says!
Manual? Simpilots never read no stinking manuals! :( Real pilots read hundreds of 'em though... :(

Just trying to get my act together on the glass cockpit cessna 152 and beech baron (default aircraft), I can set the gps up for my route, get the autopilot on etc but I cant find the nav/gps switch to get the auopilot to follow the sat nav. I know it must be ubder my nose somewhere but I'll be devilled if I can find it. Can anyne help? :(
As I recall there is no NAV/GPS button in the default Baron, and I'm not familiar with the Cessna 152. The simple solution to the problem is to assign a keypress to this switch in the Controls/Assignments dialogue. I think you'll find the setting in the Radios control assignment grouping. I've got mine set to Shift + N which makes navigating a lot easier!Good luck, and welcome to Avsim. :( Mike.

That sorted it, I'm gonna sit down and RTFM. :( Thanks to all for your help and welcome.Gweebarra