Sign in to follow this  
av8tor98

MD11 Liveries Issue FS9 Version

Hi, I installed the MD-11 FS9 version today and the aircraft(all variants) loaded properly. However, I installed several liveries after rebooting my pc, but when I loaded the aircraft of each livery, the display screens were black, and many of the VC textures were gone. Yes, I made sure the three liveries were for the FS9 version. Even the house liveries had the same problems. So, I unistalled the MD-11, rebooted and reinstalled the aircraft. The house liveries loaded just fine this time with everything working properly as well as cockpit displays...even the VC textures were back. Now the issue is reinstalling the additional liveries. I found that within the MD-11 aircraft folder, the three livery texture folders were still there, so I deleted them, cleared the trash bin and rebooted my pc. I even made sure the aircraft .cfg did not have any entries for those additional liveries...like Delta, US Air,etc....no other entries existed except for the house versions. So, I ran the executable for one of the Delta liveries and I got the screen that asks if I want to repair, modify or remove. I tried the first 2 but only got the texture folder installed in the aircraft folder. It did not input the .cfg information in the aircraft .cfg as it did in the first installation. So, now I frankly don't know how to approach this to install the liveries correctly without compromising the 2D/VC panel state and VC textures as it had done before.Why would the livery .exe detect the Delta livery in the aircraft folder if it did not exist? Even if no entry existed in the aircraft .cfg file?? Possibly it was written into the registry? Will I have to delve into the registry and find the entries and remove them?? Or, should I just allow the .exe place the texture folder in the aircraft folder and manually input the info into the aircraft.cfg, ie, copy/paste and change texture name, title, engine,etc?Or, should I run the livery .exe and select "remove" all contents?? Would this have an adverse affect on the aircraft itself? I really would like some guidance on this problem :( I am running FS9 on Win XP SP3. Thanks!

Yeah, you can end up in a case where the liveries aren' loaded but the installer thinks they are. This happens if you remove the aircraft before uninstalling the liveries or try to manually uninstall things (never recommended).Run the installers to remove the livery then install the livery. This will syncronize the registry with the files.Hope that helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yeah, you can end up in a case where the liveries aren' loaded but the installer thinks they are. This happens if you remove the aircraft before uninstalling the liveries or try to manually uninstall things (never recommended).Run the installers to remove the livery then install the livery. This will syncronize the registry with the files.Hope that helps.
Thanks for the reply :( I was really afraid of running the livery installer to remove anything. I'm glad you clarified it, and I will do as you suggested. :(

Tryed removing and reinstalling them but they still don't show.

Tryed removing and reinstalling them but they still don't show.
I bet it's because the installer is not writing the aricraft information in the aircraft .cfg for that particular livery. I bet you'll at least find the texture folder in the aircraft folder. That happened to me as well.

Guest Nikola

can anyone check MD-11 british cargo lewis Hamilton livery for FS9..it report dead link to me

I tried the Lewis Hamilton livery as well and got the same message. Maybe we aren't suppose to have it :( Back to my liveries installation issues. I think it's gradually being solved so far. I have run the installer for a couple of the liveries and selected the "Remove" option, rebooted the pc and then ran the installer for each one. Both installed perfectly and now have fully functioning aircraft. Now I can install other liveries...only one at a time to make sure each loads perfectly in Fs9. It'll be much slower that way but at least I'll know which one will be the culprit should the VC texture problem arise again.@BRIT...maybe you should run the installers as I stated above then reboot after the installers remove the particular livery. The try to reinstall via the same installer.