Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

New Forums

You will probably have noticed that we have the new forum system back online. We are running it to see if it will hold up under the strain. If so, then we'll leave it up and running. If not, we'll immediately go back to the old forum system.

Guest jon_151

Wow this forum looks great already :D

Hey Tom. I don't know what to think about it just yet, will do some more surfing :). One question sir, my tag seems to be doubling itself and have no clue why except that since this forum change it has happend. I also cannot edit my profile, there is no user menu like before. Thanks....Well now it's gone :(

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Pulled a fast one on us eh? Looks great, sure hope the load isn't too much. Where has the little pulldown menu gone where you could quickly jump to other forums?

HiFirstly i'd just like to say i think you've done an excellent job spicing up your website.The only suggestion that i would make is increasing the size of the font on the forums. Currently it's just too small and even by changing the font size in internet explorer itself, that doesn't seem to have much of an effect. I'm just trying to avoid having screwed up eyes for the future hehe.Will

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Font size is fine to me.

I'm with you Will. The old eyes here don't handle this new font very well. Anything you can do Tom?Trip

Whew!!! :-eek This is AWESOME!! :-hahWell I actually don't know what some mean by a new font, looks like the ol' one to me, though.Any way, I damn love that new fresh look!! :-hahThanks a lot, and hopefully it'll stay up'n'running.Regards,Etienne :-waveEDITAhh, by the way. Where has the combp box at the bottom gone for fast accessing every forum?

Guest Matt Johnson

In Mozilla / Netscape:View | Text Zoom | 120%In IE:View | Text Size | Larger

We will be checking this out Trip. When I did a cursory look at the fonts last time we had this version up, I wasn't too impressed with the ease of changing them (read - it is a heck of a lot of work and may give some pretty funny/ugly results). In the meantime, do as I did... get yourself a pair of $12.00 2X magnifying glasses. Work great! :-lol

Guest WorkingStiff

Matt,Just a couple of small details:(1) it would be nice if we could have the Topic Titles in a Bold font(2) Would it be possible to change the top-level menu item from "Top" to "AVSIM forums" or something similar? The word "top" isn't very intuitive - I had to click it to see whether it meant "top" of the forum I was currently in or if it took me back to the front page of the forums.

Guest WorkingStiff

Tom,The font is visibly smaller than in the prior format. Also, using the Edit/Text Size option in Internet Explorer only changes the static items on the page; it does not adjust the font size of the various posts.

That's the first thing I tried Matt :-) . It has virtually no effect (IE6.0.2800.1106.xpsp1.020828-1920).Trip