Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

New Forums

Hi Tom.Perhaps the best solution for fonts rests within each of our Internet Explorer.The Tools menu, Internet Options... Accessibility Button:There is now an area to mark to "Ignore font styles specified on web pages" If we click that area, we will then be able to change web page font styles with the Tools menu, Internet Options... Font Button. Then you can have the font you like, and if we don't like it, we can change how we view it.As a side note, this is:size="2" face="verdana" color="black"It seems easily readable to me.I do like the black color for the type. :)Dick

Guest Marvel

well, I must say that I really don't like to have all the posting expanding, it eats up a lot of space of the web page. Sorry to say that.Vatin VTBD

That was quick! Actually, in the meantime I'd been experimenting with the preferences in the user preferences section and changed around the message display format option (classic, dcf, ubb or something like that) and first thought that's what did the trick! :-lol Many thanks, Martijn.

Not sure if others agree, but if enough votes for it exist, I'd like the topic snippets back if possible. While the titles alone are supposed to be descriptive enough to understand what a thread is about, that often isn't the case ("I need help!", "Whats this?", "New Release!", etc). I could usually tell between the topic title and the few lines of the post however.Not a big deal, but it made my scans easier (and saved bandwidth when not loading full topics I didn't really need to see).Thanks again,Elrond---Not enough bandwidth to display this signature! Don't reformat hard drive? (y/N)

Guest georgi55

Sorry to say this but personally I liked the old forum better.This one is way too white, and one posts takes up too much filed; username, joined date, blah, etc.

Yeah, I fully agree with you: I also found the "preview" snippets very helpful and would love to have them back, small or not so small.Thanks, Peter

Guest Delta_747

I'd like to see the text bellow the title return also. Putting the titles in bold makes them stand out seems to sharpen the title fonts up making them easier on the eyes.

Guest TerryT

My original entry was answered by Ken in the thread above as I was typing it out. (Slow typist) Thanks Ken for the tip on collapsing the threads.I too could use a "friendlier type/font and color to view this new format. Being able to only see out of one eye makes it a little hard view comfortably.Thanks,Terry

Thanks for listening and helping out the old guys' eyes Matt. You're my Hero For a Day.Trip

Guest Dominique

in the quest for a better readability I've found out that you can change the message layout. Three options are available : dcf (the default), classic, ubb.I find the latter an improvement on the default.BTW you've now (?) to select your time zone, default seems GMTDominique

Much better without those thingies. Thanks. - Trip

Hi Tom, Matt, Scott and Avsim Team,From personal experience with forum software, and running my own forum on my own server, I completely understand what is involved with such a MAJOR undertaking like this new forum.Sometimes people are scared of change, me included!! :) But these forums are really great. Much, MUCH faster and sleeker than the older forum. And probably less prone to system problems with the MySQL databases being used.Congratulations on getting going as fast as you guys did!!!! If you guys need some help let me know, I would be glad to help out where I can.

http://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssigsmall.jpg "There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!"

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Yes, that would be a good idea. Also, get a font that's a little less 'bubbly' and straighter, something like Times New Roman. If you could reinstate the little dropdown box where you could just jump to the next forum instead of having to go back to the forum index, I'd appreicate that too.

Guest ba747heavy

I like the preview thingys myself, always helped me to decide if I wanted to view a topic or not.