Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

New Forums

Guest WorkingStiff

Tom and Matt,One more item; the time on either your server or the software is off by one hour. WHen I select the "U.S./Central" time option, the posts are time-stamped an hour earlier than they are actually made.So a post made at 8:00 a.m. Central Time is showing up as made as 7:00 a.m. Central time. I suspect this has to do witht the fact that Daylight Savings Time is now in effect.

...and also one of the best things is, I can search thru all of the old topics again! Search (using the advanced search form) delivers all relevant topics even from months past within a just few SECONDS, Something I couldn't do before, WOW!! :-yellow1Great (new) functionality and real good performance, thanks again!Peter

Guest Dominique

I'm sorry to jump into the wagon, guys, I appreciate the continuous effort of improving the site but the new forum is a real eyesore to the point of being painful (watering eyes). The font is way too small and thin and the enlarging function of IE 6.0 doesn't do anything but enlarging everything (including Tom'sig !) but the message texts.You're gonna be sued soon by all of us, visually challenged, :-lolDominique

Guest ba747heavy

I like the new forum, but I think you guys need to go back to the old GUI, it was much better IMO :)

After experimenting with all of the options, I find this GUI quite useable. Try collapsing all topics ("Collapse topics" in the top menu line). When viewing a thread, it'll expand by itself or when selecting "view all" if it has alot of posts. Gives you basically the same "feel" as with the old forum software, i think.I perceive the font size within the posts as being about the same as before. IMO it's just the topic listing, especially when all topics are expanded, that gives the sense of everything being smaller. The "preview" text (and the new hierarchy view when topics are expanded) are definitely of small font size. But then opening and reading a thread, everything seems OK for me.Just my 0.02, Peter

Guest ba747heavy

I just found that out Peter. My problem now is the colors, I can't tell if I read a certain topic or not....very frusterating. And on the email notification of a post in a thread, you don't get the thread name in the email! That is frusterating.

Congratulations looking good, thank you for all your efforts and all our enjoyment :-)Really appreciated thank you AVSIM :-)Andr

André

Guest drobson

Can't say that I like it. Too hard on these old, maturing eyes. Too difficult to navigate. Maybe with a little more experimentation I can become accustomed to it, but I liked the old format much better.Darrell

Hi Tom.I am also visually challenged by age. :(If the font size cannot be easily changed, then can the font type be changed? Some types have wider spacing and larger images.Also, the message color is blue. It may be more readable with a black font.Eventually, we'll all adapt to whatever changes you decide upon. Many thanks for the care you and your associates take with the forums. :)Dick

Guest Matt Johnson

Is this any better?--M

Guest SoarPics

Uhmmm, well... I'll give this another try after I uncross my eyes.Certainly not as easy and comfortable as the old format.

Guest WorkingStiff

Yes Matt, much better.Thank you.

Here's my $0.02 worth:1. The speed of this forum is great - much better!2. I would prefer to have the topics collapsed by default. That would make the page load faster (I think) and would make navigation a little simpler.3. Is there any way you could store my login as a cookie so that I don't have to reenter it every time?4. The font size is fine, but I'm not crazy about the face. The old font face was better.Thanks!