Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

New Forums

Hey Chris,To give you an example of the previous DB problems: I got accused of being someone else because one of my messages "melted" together with someone elses, thus casting doubt on who I "really" have been all these years at this board - LOL. The corruption was also the reason they had to shut down the screenshot forum for the past month or so, to preserve CPU cycles for the old forum to cope. Hopefully with the new server and the new true relational DB forum backend, all those problems are solved.I agree with what you're saying though. While I've always had the "ignore font size" setting enabled in my own browser (to cope with some other sites), that probably means I'm used to different looking pages than most everyone else. The best solution would indeed be for AVSIM to fix their style sheets on the back end to remove the hard coded sizes.I hope it gets to how you can enjoy the system like it used to be.Take care,Elrond ---Not enough bandwidth to display this signature! Don't reformat hard drive? (y/N)

I am off on a business trip this morning and will return to the fray on Thursday. I have all day off on Friday and I plan on playing with the CSS'. I also think I will tweak the colors a bit too. Anyone remember the AVSIM Diaper Yellow color scheme? Hozza!

Hi Tom.You could consider turning the message font size down a hair.font size 2 is very readable. 3 makes me feel like I'm reading something written with crayons.:)Dick

Diaper Yellow? Ech! Now that conjures up some wonderful images... Thankfully, I must have blocked that memory (among *many* other unfortunate incidents in my life) from mind. Selective memory is *wonderful*: I highly recommend it to all comers.Diaper yellow. Yummy.:-)Elrond ---Not enough bandwidth to display this signature! Don't reformat hard drive? (y/N)