Sign in to follow this  
Guest joaopessoa

Memory

Guest joaopessoa

Hello I don't know what to do!!! I have 208Gb free of disk space, 2Mb of virtual memory and the NVIDIA Gforce 8600GT. After 10 minutes of flight the computer gives a message of run out of disk space and shuts down FS. This happened after I install the MD11. Do any of you have a solution for this!!!! Please help, I'm desperate!!!! Thanks Jo

2Mb of virtual memory
Probably a typo, but 2GB is more like it... Also, how much regular memory do you have? How much video memory?

Mike...

Guest joaopessoa
Probably a typo, but 2GB is more like it... Also, how much regular memory do you have? How much video memory?
Hello Mike, by regular memory you mean ram? If so it's also 2Gb, but if you mean disk space its 232Gb. the video memory is 256Mb i think.

No matter how much memory you have or how big a swap file 32bit systems are limited to 4GB of virtual memory. 2GB to the operating system and 2GB for applications. Phil Taylor (an FSX developer) explains it in detail here>>>http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007...ress-space.aspxI run my machine very lean with 3.25GB of ram and a 3GB swap file. No matter how much tweaking I did I could not fix the OOM problems (running the 3GB switch did limit them to few and far between but many apps including AES would not run with it). I could never do a flight from KORD to KJFK in the PMDG 747.Switching to a 64bit OS solved the OOM errors for me. I have very few minor problems with 64bit so far. It's the best thing I have done as far as F9 is concerned, if your a hard core FS9 flyer it's now a must have.....

Guest joaopessoa
No matter how much memory you have or how big a swap file 32bit systems are limited to 4GB of virtual memory. 2GB to the operating system and 2GB for applications. Phil Taylor (an FSX developer) explains it in detail here>>>http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007...ress-space.aspxI run my machine very lean with 3.25GB of ram and a 3GB swap file. No matter how much tweaking I did I could not fix the OOM problems (running the 3GB switch did limit them to few and far between but many apps including AES would not run with it). I could never do a flight from KORD to KJFK in the PMDG 747.Switching to a 64bit OS solved the OOM errors for me. I have very few minor problems with 64bit so far. It's the best thing I have done as far as F9 is concerned, if your a hard core FS9 flyer it's now a must have.....
Hi, do you know if when switching from a 32 to a 64 bits I need to install everything back or is it just an upgrade?Thanks for all the replyes, i installed the new nvidia drive and defrag the hard drive with SmartDefrag and so far so good. at least for now!!!Thanks allJo

Some guys are good at porting things over but I usually do a format once a year anyway. So this year I switched to 64bit after watching several threads around the net (incluing many here on AVSIM).I finds is always better to start fresh. It took me a weeks worth of spare time to get everything to the way I like it but it was worth it.NOTHING is worse than having an OOM error while your coming down to land after a few hours of flying......

After I switched to XP64, I can only highly recommend it. No more OOMs, no matter what I fly, everything is hyper-fast and stable. Some addons might not work, but only ones I heard about are some RealityXP gauges and Wilcos Airbus Series. But, since I am not using RXP, nor the badly programmed Airbus series, everything is peachy for me. My PMDG MD-11 is singing in the ASA wind while approaching airports like EGLL on VATSIM...simply awesome.Other posts you might look after are "Active Sky Advanced" in FS9 forum, and MD-11 OOM in PMDG forum.