Sign in to follow this  
Guest twsimfan

MegaSceneryEarth - Washington State ?

Guest twsimfan

Hi,I have the MegaSceneryX sceneries of Las Vegas, Reno/Tahoe, & Hawaii. These are all excellent. I especially like the Hawaii one since the only edge is the water line around Oahu. The Reno/Tahoe one is good but is a bit annoying in that it doesn't cover the West side of Lake Tahoe so you can never fly over the lake without seeing the edge. I'd have gladly paid 5 or 10 dollars more if They had finished up the lake area and maybe gone a bit farther South from Carson City. I don't understand why they didn't start there for the MSE (MegaSceneryEarth) stuff.I live in Colorado now but I am from Washington State originally. I was born & raised in Tacoma and have also lived in Gig Harbor and Coulee Dam. I'd really like to get The MSE of Washington especially now that they seem to be enlarging their coverage farther East of the Cascade ridge line. But I am a little concerned about the quality. I have seen some shots of areas of MSE Florida scenery where low clouds at the time the aerial photograhs were taken show up as white blotches on the scenery. I also see in one of the screen shots on the MSE Washington web page where a bridge in Seattle shows the road drawn under the 3D bridge.I would very much appreciate if some people who have some of this scenery can tell me their impressions. Of special interest to me are things like how the Narrows Bridge(s) is (are) done. I haven't been up there since my mom died in 2004 so I really don't care if the new bridge is present or not but I do care if whatever they did was done well or not. FS has always done a poor job with The Port of Tacoma making it look forrested. How does it look? Gig Harbor? KTIW?I'd like to hear any impressions about the scenery in general or specific areas that you think are especially good or especially bad.Since I live in Colorado now I would also be interested in any information about that scenery as well. I doubt I will want to buy it until it covers more area but it is still of interest to me. I'll probably wait until it includes the Estes Park area and better yet when it gets to be contiguous with the Utah scenery.Thanks in advance for any and all info,Tom Wunder

I got the Port Angeles area yesterday (and am waiting to get the other downloads I purchased). I have posted some shots on the Screen shot forum compared to real and default fsx scenery. Take a look and that might help you.

Guest twsimfan

Geofa,Thanks! :)Those shots are indeed helpful. Port Angeles is another favorite area of mine. If I could afford it I think I would like to retire in that area. Great mountains and water and lots more sunshine than Tacoma or Seattle. What more could somebody ask for?Thanks again,Tom Wunder

Geofa,Thanks! :)Those shots are indeed helpful. Port Angeles is another favorite area of mine. If I could afford it I think I would like to retire in that area. Great mountains and water and lots more sunshine than Tacoma or Seattle. What more could somebody ask for?Thanks again,Tom Wunder
I feel the same-a stunning area!

Hi,I have the MegaSceneryX sceneries of Las Vegas, Reno/Tahoe, & Hawaii. These are all excellent. I especially like the Hawaii one since the only edge is the water line around Oahu. The Reno/Tahoe one is good but is a bit annoying in that it doesn't cover the West side of Lake Tahoe so you can never fly over the lake without seeing the edge. I'd have gladly paid 5 or 10 dollars more if They had finished up the lake area and maybe gone a bit farther South from Carson City. I don't understand why they didn't start there for the MSE (MegaSceneryEarth) stuff.I live in Colorado now but I am from Washington State originally. I was born & raised in Tacoma and have also lived in Gig Harbor and Coulee Dam. I'd really like to get The MSE of Washington especially now that they seem to be enlarging their coverage farther East of the Cascade ridge line. But I am a little concerned about the quality. I have seen some shots of areas of MSE Florida scenery where low clouds at the time the aerial photograhs were taken show up as white blotches on the scenery. I also see in one of the screen shots on the MSE Washington web page where a bridge in Seattle shows the road drawn under the 3D bridge.I would very much appreciate if some people who have some of this scenery can tell me their impressions. Of special interest to me are things like how the Narrows Bridge(s) is (are) done. I haven't been up there since my mom died in 2004 so I really don't care if the new bridge is present or not but I do care if whatever they did was done well or not. FS has always done a poor job with The Port of Tacoma making it look forrested. How does it look? Gig Harbor? KTIW?I'd like to hear any impressions about the scenery in general or specific areas that you think are especially good or especially bad.Since I live in Colorado now I would also be interested in any information about that scenery as well. I doubt I will want to buy it until it covers more area but it is still of interest to me. I'll probably wait until it includes the Estes Park area and better yet when it gets to be contiguous with the Utah scenery.Thanks in advance for any and all info,Tom Wunder
I only have squares 3 and 4 of megascenery, Sydvdan and I have all of western washington already from the photoscenery project we were doing so no hurry for me to buy megascenery, the colors are better than our project, but we did some other things much beter than megascenery.I've lived near Tacoma for 32 years, so I can give you a good locals opinion.Port of Tacoma: Imagery is great, but none of the default 3D objects have been moved or re scaled. There are boats on land, cranes misaligned, and they could have added some more objects. The water masking is ok in that area, but could have been better. The puyallup river is watermasked, but it is a blue color, which looks ridiculous. I think the water masking for that river ends in the Orting valley. Default 3D bridges are there, but they were not cloned stamped out of the imagery, except for the major ones like Narrows.Tacoma dome is also out of place, and the scale is off.This appears to be true of the entire megascenery area, no default 3D objects were moved, and none of the airports have adjusted afcads.There is only one Narrows bridge, but with something like EZ scenery you could add a clone of that bridge to make the second, new Narrows bridge.The imagery is great in areas, and OK in others. Megacenery automates things like autogen, so expect houses in the Puyallup river along Levee road ( a few weeks ago that may have been true to life ), they used the wrong vegetation type for the autogen, or global warming has changed the trees. The watermaksing also appears to be automated, fine in most areas,.Again, from what I've seen the afcads and default 3D objects are untouched, which means boats on land, things out of place and the wrong size, and airports that don't line up with the imagery.KTIW is cut in half at square 3, and I don't have the other square, again, no afcad work so the runway and taxiway don't match up with the imagery.

Guest twsimfan

Paavo,Thanks for all the info. That the port area looks better is a help to me. Though I'm not wild about the idea of ships on land. I have to agree that I've never seen the Puyallup River blue. Green or brown is usually it. I did see it red once when some kids had dumped some dye in it. :-lolMany years ago I had a girlfriend who's family rented one of the old berry mansions along River Road. That was a rally wild house. I got roped into helping her family move into it which not only included her and her folks but also her 7 little brothers & sisters. What a mess that was. I don't think the house still exists.Thanks again,Tom Wunder

Paavo,Thanks for all the info. That the port area looks better is a help to me. Though I'm not wild about the idea of ships on land. I have to agree that I've never seen the Puyallup River blue. Green or brown is usually it. I did see it red once when some kids had dumped some dye in it. :-lolMany years ago I had a girlfriend who's family rented one of the old berry mansions along River Road. That was a rally wild house. I got roped into helping her family move into it which not only included her and her folks but also her 7 little brothers & sisters. What a mess that was. I don't think the house still exists.Thanks again,Tom Wunder
I sent you a PM with 2 screenshot of the tideflats.

Guest twsimfan
I sent you a PM with 2 screenshot of the tideflats.
Paavo,Very nice shots! What is this other scenery you are using?Many thanks,Tom WunderP.S. - Any chance you could put a few more shots into the screen shot forum?

Paavo,Very nice shots! What is this other scenery you are using?Many thanks,Tom WunderP.S. - Any chance you could put a few more shots into the screen shot forum?
The non megascenery shot is the PNW photoreal scenery that SkyDvdan and I were doing. That project was put on hold due to personal issues ( divorce ) and Dan being deployed to Iraq. Those things are pretty much resolved, but with megascenry out we don't know what the future holds for our project.Maybe this weekend I can put some more shots in the forum.

Here is a website address for a video of mine that show some of the MegaScenery Earth for Seattle at evening and night - I find the daytime (noon lighting) to be too bright in color. The textures though are very crisp and seem to be 1meter/pixel in quality.http://www.vimeo.com/2787435

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

Here is a website address for a video of mine that show some of the MegaScenery Earth for Seattle at evening and night - I find the daytime (noon lighting) to be too bright in color. The textures though are very crisp and seem to be 1meter/pixel in quality.http://www.vimeo.com/2787435
Very nice videos Dave, thanks for sharing them!:--)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest twsimfan
Great video! :) Thnks for the link.Paavo,Thanks again for the shots and if you have time for more that would be great. If not I do understand that some people have lives. :)Thanks to both of you,Tom Wunder