Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest lionel45

winzip files

hi all, am new to all this, can anyone tell me how to remove downloaded files from winzip? please help,become my computer is runing slow! :(

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

hi all, am new to all this, can anyone tell me how to remove downloaded files from winzip? please help,become my computer is runing slow! :(
HelloI am no expert,but there are all sorts of things that can slow a PC down.I.E.spyware,junk files,lack of defragmentation viruses etc etc etc but I am pretty sure winzip files are not the problem.I have masses of them all over my HDs in various locations and my pc does not run slowly.Maybe i am wrong and if I cleared out the zip files my PC would run so fast I couldn't catch it.AndyPs Winzip should download its files to a folder.Find the folder open it and delete the offending zips.

When I download a file, any file, I always have it to to a particular folder so it's easy to find. Than, at my leisure, I'll unzip to another particular folder for the same reason. Once they've been un-zipped, I delete when I'm sure I won't need them any longer. IMHO, just good housekeeping. Many times I'll have as many as 25-50 un-zipped files waiting for attention, but they've never, so far as I know, caused any kind of slowdown.Bob

Are you asking how to Unzip a zipped file? i.e. extract the files from a zipped file? Whether files are Zipped or Unzipped should not influence the speed of you computer. :(