Sign in to follow this  
CPEPE

MANHATTAN X

Well, I'm FINALLY flying in New York City. That patch did it! DX9 still produces frames in the teens, so today I'll try DX10. Thanks Aerosoft, for addressing this issue so quickly. The island of Manhattan never looked better. I'm looking forward to some helicopter excursions this weekend.Stan

Manny, Do I understand correctly, that you are running the Aeorsoft Manhattan scenery? I'm running almos the same as you ... E6700 at 3.6 Ghz with the 2.5/3G switch. I'm assuming you are getting a slide show when running. I just purchased Megascenery [but not installed yet] for New York. Then I saw the Manhattan scenery released. Sounds like I probably don't have enough horsepower for the Aerosoft. Are you getting a slide show when before the CTD?Thanks, Steve
Hi Steve,Yeah..kind of.. :( But then, the performance was bad even without Manhattan scenery. I don't know why that area is so bad. I thought it was the AI considering so many major airports.. so I set AI = 0. Then I thought if I have photoscenery, It would be better..and tried that...but that didn't help much.So I can't figure out why the NY area is such sucki area! :(

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

DX10 really didn't add any frames for me. I'm back to DX9. But I AM enjoying the new Manhattan scenery since the patch.

Guest rdg
I can't get within 10 miles of Manhattan X when my system runs out of available memory......preceded by frames lowering rapidly. If I try to start the sim anywhere in New York City or even at KEWR (Newark), I get a total SLIDESHOW and spikes in my video.I have a good system too that normally gives me great frame rates. It's a dual-core, 4 gig system purchased only about a year ago. Have an 8800Gt card, the very latest Nvidia Drivers, and a clean system (regular defragging).I uninstalled Manhattan X and will try to re-install it, but if anyone knows a way around this, I'd appreciate a tip.
Hi, Aside from looking for a patch, it may be worth while for you to try different drivers. The 180 series has given many nothing but problems including myself, and I dropped them like a hot rock. I would start with the 175.xxx series as many have found that these are much more effecient. RegardsBob G

I posted a link to a video I made a few days ago in the video forum here in Avsim, using manhattan X and the default Bell. Its a tour around Manhattan. Normally I get very good frame rate 20-24 around manhattan X with medium to high settings, but recording with Fraps cuts my frames down by 2/3rds, so the video is not nearly as smooth as it is when Im not trying to make a video. But at least you can check it out and see how it looks.Robhttp://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=244779

It's no surprise that ManhattanX hurts frame rates. The FS9 version was excellent too but that also chewed up FPS when it was released.