Sign in to follow this  
FusAtl

Saving Flight Plans in the FMC

Hi everyone I could really use dome help with this. OK here's the deal, I have the PMG 747X which I absolutely love. I've put off asking for help because I really wanted to figure this out for myself. For the past couple of weeks, I've read the product manual as well as several tutorials, but for some reason I cannot save the flight plans I create in the FMC. After inputting all the info, I select the RTE Copy then get the message "COMPLETE" but nothing happens after that. I also try typing a new name for my flight plan but that doesn't work either, so if anyone could help me I would really appreciate it. thanksRafael

Hi everyone I could really use dome help with this. OK here's the deal, I have the PMG 747X which I absolutely love. I've put off asking for help because I really wanted to figure this out for myself. For the past couple of weeks, I've read the product manual as well as several tutorials, but for some reason I cannot save the flight plans I create in the FMC. After inputting all the info, I select the RTE Copy then get the message "COMPLETE" but nothing happens after that. I also try typing a new name for my flight plan but that doesn't work either, so if anyone could help me I would really appreciate it. thanksRafael
Hi!What should happen?....if it says COMPLETE, you have already saved it! If you shut down FS and restart a flight you could now recall that route via CO ROUTE./ Leffe

Hi!What should happen?....if it says COMPLETE, you have already saved it! If you shut down FS and restart a flight you could now recall that route via CO ROUTE./ Leffe
Hi Leffe thanks for responding, OK I did what you said and got the "not in data base" message. Question: am I supposed to make up a name for the route then hit the copy RTE key or does the FMS create a name for me? Rafael

After you press the RTE COPY button and get COMPLETE, if you look on the bottom line it gives you the file name that it assigned to the flightplan. The convention is ICAOICAO001, for example KIAHKMEM001. You must of missed this when you saw the COMPLETE message. The saved plan is probably easy to figure out if you know the orig and dest.

Dan Downs KCRP

After you press the RTE COPY button and get COMPLETE, if you look on the bottom line it gives you the file name that it assigned to the flightplan. The convention is ICAOICAO001, for example KIAHKMEM001. You must of missed this when you saw the COMPLETE message. The saved plan is probably easy to figure out if you know the orig and dest.
Hi Dan thank you very much, that's what I keep reading but when I press the copy RTE key and "complete" appears, nothings shows up. Nevertheless I'm going to set a flight now and pay extra close attention just to make sure. Once again thank you for taking the time to respond.Rafael