Sign in to follow this  
pastorpilot

Erratic, Frustrating Loading Problem ...

Friends,The first load ALWAYS goes fine. I set all the parameters ... or choose a pre-loaded flight ... hit the button and the screen becomes dark and the little loading box appears ... it goes to 100% ... and I am off flying. But then, probably about half the time, and for no apparent associated cause, that I can find ... here's what happens: When I end my flight and get ready to reload something else ... I push the load button ... and the little rectangular "loading monitor box" appears and the line progresses to 100% at the normallly expected speed E X C E P T the sreen does not go dark. All I am seeing is the "loading monitor box" transposed on my desktop with its wall paper and icons. As soon as 100% is reached, the "loading monitor box" disappears, and that is that. Nothing except the desktop. and the FSX button on the lower toolbar. I push it off and on, but nothing appears on screen. The only way to escape is to do a Ctl-Alt-Delete and kill it with the Task Manager. It is completely unpredictable. I may go through two flights, and then it happens ... maybe three ... or it may happen several times on the second flight. Bottom line ... frustrating!!! :( I have to reload weather, etc. and then, of course, the sim, each time it happens.Wierd. Any others with this issue or ideas??Thanks much,Steve

Hi Steve, For me, Fsx has always acted oddly in handling the transition from full-screen mode to the taskbar and back again. For that I always try to save and load flights from windowed mode and use Alt+Enter to switch between the two modes. If FSX does get "stuck" on the taskbar and won't display, I will click on it in the taskbar, then quickly use alt +enter to force it to a window, then use the combo again to return to full screen. Hope this makes sense :(

Regards, Kendall

Guest JIMJAM

Wierd stuff like this has happened to me from the release of FSX,2 AMD/Nvidia machines ,2 Nvidia vid cards and 2 ATI,2 lcd tvs.So its not like a specific setup causing it. Only thing not changed was the os,XP but its been patched up tp sp3.I have just accepted it a a FSX quirk. Not everybody has them.Anymore, once I start a flight I do not try to get to my desktop for any reason. If I have the compulsion to change some setting or do a outside function, Ive learned to go ahead and exit FSX gracefully rather than maybe needing to kill it off.I no longer get the dreaded mneu crashes and lockups so when I fly FSX, I just do not leave it.To exit full screen or go to desktop, I might as well flip a coin cause I never know if doing so will lock it up.Good Luck

Hi Steve, For me, Fsx has always acted oddly in handling the transition from full-screen mode to the taskbar and back again. For that I always try to save and load flights from windowed mode and use Alt+Enter to switch between the two modes. If FSX does get "stuck" on the taskbar and won't display, I will click on it in the taskbar, then quickly use alt +enter to force it to a window, then use the combo again to return to full screen. Hope this makes sense :(
One can usually rt-click on the Taskbar, -> "Task Manager" ->"Applications" -> rt-click on "Flight Simulator X" -> "Bring to Front" (or "Switch to"), and the FS will usually spring back into play. ......not always, but "usually". :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

This is a normal bug with FSX.To fix this problem

• Load the flight, even if the load meter is displayed on the desktop
  • Wait untill the load meter reaches 100%
  • When the load meter is stuck at 100%, press "ALT (+) TAB" 2 times and you should be able to see FSX in full screen again.

The solution I posted above should absolutely work as it refreshes the display of the application by going to window then full screen mode.I think this a problem with windowing/going back to desktop and Direct X in FSX but that's just a guess.Hope this helped :(

Thank you very very much, each of you.I just got home from work and its bed time. I will experiement with those solutions tomorrow....Again, thank you, kindly, for your responses.Steve