Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LOWW

MD-11: FMC key-input

inside the FMC of NG737 & QoS 747-400 the key-input for a slash is on my german keyboard set to the "minus/underscore" key. this is ok and i learned and live with this input-feature.now inside of the FMC of the MD-11 it's changed to the "number-sign/apostroph" key. is there any way to change it so that the input is on the same kay as on the other ones?thanks 4 an answer

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

inside the FMC of NG737 & QoS 747-400 the key-input for a slash is on my german keyboard set to the "minus/underscore" key. this is ok and i learned and live with this input-feature.now inside of the FMC of the MD-11 it's changed to the "number-sign/apostroph" key. is there any way to change it so that the input is on the same kay as on the other ones?thanks 4 an answer
I must say I don

I would rather say the CDU, (Computer Display Unit), working as a keyboard and display for the Computer, which is named Flight Management Computer (FMC)/ Leffe

I use the kybd to enter data into the CDU/MCDU but ocassionally when I need the symbol - in the Boeings I need to use the mouse but it works okay for me in the MD11. So that is my solution, once in a blue moon I need to click with the mouse but not too often.

I use the kybd to enter data into the CDU/MCDU but ocassionally when I need the symbol - in the Boeings I need to use the mouse but it works okay for me in the MD11. So that is my solution, once in a blue moon I need to click with the mouse but not too often.
Dan, i need the / on the key "-", that's all.
PMDG 737NG (all):   key "-" ==> /PMDG 747-400:	   key "-" ==> /PMDG MD-11:		 key "#" ==> /

I don't know how to do that within the pmdg product. This can't be too hard, just remapping a scan key code so I bet there is a nifty utility someplace out there that does just that.