Sign in to follow this  
Guest JackOozy

ai planes crashing into me

Guest JackOozy

helloRadar Contact 4.3, FS9, ai traffic set at 66%I'm having a few problems with ai traffic crashing into me while taxiing or on runways and waiting for takeoff clearance. Typically I will be asked to line up and wait by RC - whilst lined up and waiting an ai plane will proceed on its merry way and crash into me causing fs to reset. I have no idea that this is about to happen as I can't hear any fs instructons to ai planes.This has happened a few times now.I'm running FS passengers at the same time and feel frustrated that I have to start the flight from scratch and sometimes end up with my fictictious pilot dead. Is there a work around ? or should this be happening at all ? I've searched this forum with select keywords but there doesn't appear to be any one having similar problems or if there are i just cant find the posts.

No, this shouldn't be happening at all on the runways. Did you update the scenery database?Subs

helloRadar Contact 4.3, FS9, ai traffic set at 66%I'm having a few problems with ai traffic crashing into me while taxiing or on runways and waiting for takeoff clearance. Typically I will be asked to line up and wait by RC - whilst lined up and waiting an ai plane will proceed on its merry way and crash into me causing fs to reset. I have no idea that this is about to happen as I can't hear any fs instructons to ai planes.This has happened a few times now.I'm running FS passengers at the same time and feel frustrated that I have to start the flight from scratch and sometimes end up with my fictictious pilot dead. Is there a work around ? or should this be happening at all ? I've searched this forum with select keywords but there doesn't appear to be any one having similar problems or if there are i just cant find the posts.
have you unchecked the atc sound? it is FS that is supposed to keep the ai from crashing into you. i don't control any of the ground ai.jd

This happens when there is no wind (<5 kt).The AI will land in the opposite RWY I have been assigned to land at!Can this be fixed?ThanksGhiom

This happens when there is no wind (<5 kt).The AI will land in the opposite RWY I have been assigned to land at!Can this be fixed?ThanksGhiom
are your saying that arrival gives you runway 13, and then the ai are taking off runway 31?it that's the case, see if you can duplicate the problem, create a .log, details pinned at the top of the forum, and send me the log.you can always ask for a different runway, if you know this is happeningjd