Sign in to follow this  
c152flyboy

possible answer to the weather engine for FEX is dead

The product has been falsely advertised, simple as that.
Again, you buy based on what it is and not how it is advertised. Otherwise you are simply an "unsecured" investor like hundreds of those poor chaps who poured monies into Eclipse Jet project, paid deposits and ended up with nothing. At least you got your money worth - solid product that modifies textures.

Flight1 is continuing to sell FEX knowing that there is no chance that Chris will ever release the weather engine.
Really? So you know this for sure? I have nothing directly in FEX as it was not my development but before you make such bold statements I think you should be sure of what you are saying.Moderator? I see this starting to slide. We have appropriate channels for support and refunds and I suggest Matthew uses them but my experience is that I think he wants more than that. Jim

Guest rdg

You know what. I can see both sides of this one.How long ago was FEX released? I dont remember. Is it still being sold under the premise that a weather engine is coming? Ok, maybe it is coming, but I do believe that it is the responsibility of the distributer and developer to step up and say yea or nay, regardless of the planned date of release.RegardsBob G

Really? So you know this for sure? I have nothing directly in FEX as it was not my development but before you make such bold statements I think you should be sure of what you are saying.Moderator? I see this starting to slide. We have appropriate channels for support and refunds and I suggest Matthew uses them but my experience is that I think he wants more than that. Jim
I want more than what? To get what I paid for? Is that too much to ask?Sorry, but I feel that I've been ripped off. I purchase a product based on the advertising which turns out to be misleading then I expect a refund (or a credit). It should be apparent to Flight1 that the FEX weather engine will never be released. Where is Chris? Where are the promised updates? I paid Flight1 good money for FEX. I'm even happy just to get a 25% credit on a future Flight1 purchase, instead of a full refund.

Matthew S

The customer has a perfectly legitimate case here. And I don't think it is right for Flight1 to be calling for this thread to be moderated just because they don't like what's being said. -Alex

How long ago was FEX released? I dont remember. Is it still being sold under the premise that a weather engine is coming? Ok, maybe it is coming, but I do believe that it is the responsibility of the distributer and developer to step up and say yea or nay, regardless of the planned date of release.
Exactly! It's misleading to say that its still coming. It's been coming for 2 years now. That's long enough to make your faithful customers wait for what has turned out to be "vaporware".IMO Flight1 need just be honest with their customers and admit that the weather engine is not coming. Enough is enough! And for heavens sake remove the bit about the free upgrade to the weather engine on the website. So that new customers are not under false impressions when they purchase FEX.

Matthew S

Guest christian

I'm with Matthew on this one. I also bought FEX based on the advertised weather engine. If it only were the textures, I probably wouldn't have bought FEX. We're starting to talk years, not months anymore with the current delay. I've never asked for a refund simply because of the hassle, but it did leave a bad aftertaste in my mouth. I'm not attacking Flight1, since they're just the publisher, however, I do believe the developer should step up and offer (partial or full) refunds. I do feel for Flight1 as they've been dragged into this mess - not a great situation - neither for customers nor publisher. Developers shouldn't hype something up they can't deliver.My 2 cents.Christian

The customer has a perfectly legitimate case here. And I don't think it is right for Flight1 to be calling for this thread to be moderated just because they don't like what's being said. -Alex
I disagree. If Matthew has not went through the appropriate channels to obtain a refund (even though he has had the product for 15 months) than I have no idea what his point is here.I find it amazing that some folks think that there is some unwritten rule that Vendors cannot state their opinions even though some people don't mind airing their own if even speculative.Sorry, the customer is not always right. Ask for your refund in the appropriate method. Flight1 has the best policies in the business and I make no apologies. Jim Rhoads

And for heavens sake remove the bit about the free upgrade to the weather engine on the website. So that new customers are not under false impressions when they purchase FEX.
FYI... I remember that the "weather engine" was removed from Flight1 website a long time ago (some time last year) so this thread is really going south.I gently asked to stop this discussion but I see we need to lock a post for some folks to understand. It's a pity. This is very unmature and not appreciated here.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.