Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dc10boy

gameport misery

:( Hi all I just built a Q9550 /ASUS P5Q Pro rig for FSX. Much to my dismay the P5Q Pro MB does not have a joystick port connector. (I can't seem to win)my Audigy sound card lacks a joystick port also.I added a cheap 10 buck soundcard with joystick port and the gameport is recognized.However any added joystick shows all axis's maxed top/left and all buttons inop- and will not calibrate.I'm now trying to find a new card that is at least an equal to my Audigy that has a working game/joystick port because without that no yoke no pedals no simming! Until then I wil continue plugging along reinstalling things.Does anybody have any other ideas on how to get a working joystick port?Thanks for any helpStan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

:( Hi all I just built a Q9550 /ASUS P5Q Pro rig for FSX. Much to my dismay the P5Q Pro MB does not have a joystick port connector. (I can't seem to win)my Audigy sound card lacks a joystick port also.I added a cheap 10 buck soundcard with joystick port and the gameport is recognized.However any added joystick shows all axis's maxed top/left and all buttons inop- and will not calibrate.I'm now trying to find a new card that is at least an equal to my Audigy that has a working game/joystick port because without that no yoke no pedals no simming! Until then I wil continue plugging along reinstalling things.Does anybody have any other ideas on how to get a working joystick port?Thanks for any helpStan
Controllers nowadays are all USB based... I have a nice CH-products joystick that cannot be used either because my new system has no gameport...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_portMaybe new controllers is the way to go...