Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Don't miss this one: a NEW FSX optimizer

does this program you have suggested work under vista 64, I cant get it to start. Thanks Peter
Yes, I am using it in both XP SP2 and Vista 64 Ult. It is like STP oil treatment for FSX :()

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

can someone sum up the tweaks to fsx that help? so we set frames in game to unlimited, what about fiber fraction, buffer pools, texture bandwidth multi, etcthanksAlex
My experience is (your mileage may vary):1. unlimited fps with fps limiter set to 302. go easy on the traffic, try freeway traffic at zero if you want better performance3. water at 1X low, no bloom4. FSX at SP2/Acceleration level5. Scenery/Autogen complexity to taste.. I use Very Dense / Normal6. go easy on weather settings7. if you have issues with big airports, consider removing the exit definitions for your AI aircraft to disable the animated Jetwaysthat is it ! No need to edit the fsx.cfg file for performance. Q6600@3.2 - 2 GB PC800 RAM - 9600GT 512 MB - Win XP 32 Pro

Bert

7. if you have issues with big airports, consider removing the exit definitions for your AI aircraft to disable the animated Jetways
How do you that bit?

How do you that bit?
Go into the aircraft.cfg files for your AI aircraft and either comment out the Exit door lines in each or edit them.In my case that is the MD83, 747, 737, Airbus, CRJ.If you disable the exit line, you can no longer open the door if you want to fly the plane.Example:[exits]//number_of_exits = 3//exit.0 = 0.4, -16.90, -4.5, 3.9, 0 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)//exit.1 = 0.4, -74.00, -4.5, 0.5, 2 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)//exit.2 = 0.4, -16.50, 4.5, 0.5, 2 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)I have not tried this, but you can also use the FS9 format if you still want to open the doors.Example:[exits]number_of_exits = 2exit_rate.0 = 0.4 ;Percent per secondexit_rate.1 = 0.4 ;Percent per second

Bert

Thanks for the reply but,,,,I downloaded the fsp limiter program , uncompressed using rar, that ran the exe as admin and nothing happened. It simply did not run or show up.Perhaps I need another download location and the version im using may be corrupt?Can someone point me to a location and provide a few hints on how to get it to run under v64 . thxsPeter

Thanks for the reply but,,,,I downloaded the fsp limiter program , uncompressed using rar, that ran the exe as admin and nothing happened. It simply did not run or show up.Perhaps I need another download location and the version im using may be corrupt?Can someone point me to a location and provide a few hints on how to get it to run under v64 . thxsPeter
Peter, you cannot execute FPS_Limiter.exe by double clicking it or choosing to open the file. You have to run it thru a .bat file, which can be accomplished manually if you create the batch file or by using the included java applet (FPS_Limiter_GUI.jar) which just creates a .bat file for you. If you want to create the .bat file manually, do so and edit this text into it, substituting YOUR values for file locations on your machine etc:start C:\"FPS_Limiter\"FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9 /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF "E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe. NOTE: it's important to put this .bat file in the SAME directory as where you have the program extracted to.If you want to use the included java applet you must have java installed. Read thru the posts above regarding more detail in these areas if you need to.Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

can someone sum up the tweaks to fsx that help? so we set frames in game to unlimited, what about fiber fraction, buffer pools, texture bandwidth multi, etcthanksAlex
Alex, the other parameters you mention are pretty much specific to the particular hardware configuration and components. I think the only thing anyone can say for sure is that the idea is to run the game UNLIMITED, and set frame rate in FPS_L at whatever works best for you situation. I use 30 in FPS_L except that I notice car traffic becomes quite smooth if I dial down FPS_L to 24, whereas at higher than that car traffic can get a little herky jerky. The nice thing is you can adjust frame rate in game and that is helpful for certain situations. Most of the time I run at 30 to suppress spikes/surges.

Noel

Guest 413X3

Nick_N was talking about changing some fsx.cfg settings if you have a video card like the gtx 285 which i just purchased. i have a 3.0 e6850 processor and 4gb of ram running on vista x64. i am much more happy with fsx now with that video card, and this fsx optimizer. but i still am looking for more frames. i have zero ai traffic running in fsx sp2 and i still am lucky to get 20 fps average with big iron in big cities. adding traffic to that would be a disaster

Please help me here guys! Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but when I double click on the FPS_Limiter_GUI.jar file, all I get is a new window showing me the contents of the file.Thanks,Murfman

Please help me here guys! Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but when I double click on the FPS_Limiter_GUI.jar file, all I get is a new window showing me the contents of the file.Thanks,Murfman
Have you got Java installed and working?

Bert

Apart from a Java file a .jar file is also some sort of zip/rar format. You've probably got a unzipper/unrarrer installed that opens the .jar file as if it is a container. You should be able to change this using the preferences of the unzipper/unrarrer. Installing Java will indeed also help. :(

Go into the aircraft.cfg files for your AI aircraft and either comment out the Exit door lines in each or edit them.In my case that is the MD83, 747, 737, Airbus, CRJ.If you disable the exit line, you can no longer open the door if you want to fly the plane.Example:[exits]//number_of_exits = 3//exit.0 = 0.4, -16.90, -4.5, 3.9, 0 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)//exit.1 = 0.4, -74.00, -4.5, 0.5, 2 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)//exit.2 = 0.4, -16.50, 4.5, 0.5, 2 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)I have not tried this, but you can also use the FS9 format if you still want to open the doors.Example:[exits]number_of_exits = 2exit_rate.0 = 0.4 ;Percent per secondexit_rate.1 = 0.4 ;Percent per second
Having 'TrafficX' installed, I have dozens of AI aircraft. Is it worth doing them all?

Having 'TrafficX' installed, I have dozens of AI aircraft. Is it worth doing them all?
Good question... I have no idea :(

Bert

Update and report;Well i think i got this working.I really did not notice and appreciable difference. it may have made the frame rates smoother, but in truth it just does make the experience any better.I think it may in fact slowd things down.I sort of give up trying to tweak fsx.It is what it is, and i think its fun regardless.Peter

Thanks for letting the community know about the optimizer. I never would have believed it but it works! For once on approach with a 3rd party addon the frames remained extremely smooth. They did dip down to 15FPS and the autogen seemed to pop in from about 2NM out but I will play with my settings a little. Right now as it stands Scenery Complexity - Extremely Dense and Autogen Density - Dense as you can see below I have a slightly aged AMD chipset so simmers with newer machines should see a huge improvement.[TERRAIN]LOD_RADIUS=4.500000MESH_COMPLEXITY=100MESH_RESOLUTION=22TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3DETAIL_TEXTURE=1WATER_EFFECTS=4TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=1000TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=800[bufferPools]PoolSize=10000000I have an Intel E8600 with OCZ Reaper 4Gb DDr2 1066 memory and 2x250Gb WD SATA and can't wait to install everything. Not sure if I should swap my video card out of my older computer, anyone have a suggestion?

\Robert Hamlich/