Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

How to verify computer's CPU speed?

my new computer has a Intel Duel Core 3.2 GHz CPU but is supposed to be OVERCLOCKED to 4.0 GHz. When I look at the specs in the computer it list the CPU as being a 3.2 instead of a 4.0. How can I tell if it is really over clocked to 4.0 ?? jerrycwo4

my new computer has a Intel Duel Core 3.2 GHz CPU but is supposed to be OVERCLOCKED to 4.0 GHz. When I look at the specs in the computer it list the CPU as being a 3.2 instead of a 4.0. How can I tell if it is really over clocked to 4.0 ?? jerrycwo4
Download and use CPU-Z.

Regards, Kendall

Control Panel / System should show you something like this:In this case, a Q6600 overclocked to 3.0 GHz.

Bert

Thanks a milloin !! I've been looking for that information for 6 months. Now I know I DID get what I paid for. I'm running a 3- 26" LCD Monitor system and each of the 3 monitors has it's own GeForce 9800 GTX PCle 2.0 Video card. The system was made for me by Jetline Ststems(www.jetlineSystems.com). My aircraft at the present is the Aeroworx B-200 King Air. I've just purchased a "Corporate System" from Go Flight to fly it with. After flying with a 3 monitor system you can NEVER go back to flying with just one. IT IS A REAL FLIGHT SIMULATOR !!!!!