Sign in to follow this  
JHepburn

Want to have some fun with the MD?

If you really want to have some fun in the MD-11, then give this a shot. It's terribly stressful and I'm only about half-way through, but this airplane is absolutely exquisite in how it models and handles everything thrown at it.http://md-11.org/LAX%20MD-11%20PC%20pdf.htmEnjoy!!Quick Question: Are hot starts modelled in the failures menu? I think I saw everything else I could imagine...

You'll have to improvise the departure (Oceanside SID is not around any more); otherwise, looks like fun. What did you use for KLAX departure?

Dan Downs KCRP

You'll have to improvise the departure (Oceanside SID is not around any more); otherwise, looks like fun. What did you use for KLAX departure?
I just guessed based on the NAV RAD setup and the the fixes in the flightplan. It looks like vectors to intercept LAX/160 to GESME and then OCN/090 to OCN. The script gives the radar vectors and clearances, and I just improvised a bit where needed.Also, the VOR approach to 25L doesn't appear to be around anymore. In this case, I improvised as well.I love that one of the last scenarios is a V1 cut (engine 1 or 3), single engine ILS with failed AFS on approach, missed approach, engine 2 failure, then visual approach. Talk about stressful!

Quick Question: Are hot starts modelled in the failures menu? I think I saw everything else I could imagine...
No they are not. It is on our wish list though but anyway there are no guarantees that they will ever get included.Markus

Markus Burkhard

No they are not. It is on our wish list though but anyway there are no guarantees that they will ever get included.Markus
Thanks Markus!Another one for the wishlist.... It would be amazing to have a failures console that could be run from a remote computer.Any additional scenarios that you may have encountered during your type rating checkride that you could share? I'm having a blast with the failures module and QRH.Thanks!

Another one for the wishlist.... It would be amazing to have a failures console that could be run from a remote computer.
My wife would for sure love to put failures into my flights :( Sorry for going off topic.Alex