Sign in to follow this  
Guest tal06

Need help with dodgy fsx

Guest tal06

Howdy all,I have FSX and have had nothing but problems. I loved fs2004 and recently got this thing and havn't played flightsim in months because it is terrible and nothing works in this stupid game. Anyway, following my rant, apart from it not keeping settings, crashing, looking worse then fs2004 etc. i just tried playing with rain and this is how it looks: Untitled-1.jpgthat seriously cannot be microsofts attempt at what rain looks like?? standing still i can hardly see anything because it is just white lines flying down my screen. rain does not look like that!i have installed it a couple of times (i have gold edition with fs deluxe + accel) and it just will not work, but this is my current annoying problem anyway. if anyone has any ideas please let me know.I have a core2duo 3.0gtx2604gig ramwindows vista 64 bit (fs installed in main c: not program files 86 like i was told)cheers!

Howdy all,I have FSX and have had nothing but problems. I loved fs2004 and recently got this thing and havn't played flightsim in months because it is terrible and nothing works in this stupid game. Anyway, following my rant, apart from it not keeping settings, crashing, looking worse then fs2004 etc. i just tried playing with rain and this is how it looks: Untitled-1.jpgthat seriously cannot be microsofts attempt at what rain looks like?? standing still i can hardly see anything because it is just white lines flying down my screen. rain does not look like that!i have installed it a couple of times (i have gold edition with fs deluxe + accel) and it just will not work, but this is my current annoying problem anyway. if anyone has any ideas please let me know.I have a core2duo 3.0gtx2604gig ramwindows vista 64 bit (fs installed in main c: not program files 86 like i was told)cheers!
Should look better than that for sure. What are your graphic's settings in nVidia's control panel and in FSX setting as well?I don't have Acceleration so I have no idea what that update could cause.

Guest tal06
Should look better than that for sure. What are your graphic's settings in nVidia's control panel and in FSX setting as well?I don't have Acceleration so I have no idea what that update could cause.
Target Frame Rate : 311680x1050x32FIltering: AnisotropicAnti-aliasing box is tickedGlobal Texture Resolution : HighPreview DX10 box tickedLens Flare offLight Bloom offAdvanced animations onsceneryultra highweathercloud draw: 110mithermal vis: nonedetailed clouds at max coverage densityis that all you need?which stuff from the nvidia thing do you want, theres heaps of settingscheers!

This is what rain really looks like at 186 knts. Which sim does it best? (hint-maybe not a ms one-either fs9 or fsx)....:-)

Guest tal06

hardware is in my first post.cheers i will try that fix. if that doesnt work i will delete it again and just install fsx instead of accel aswell.

Microsoft removed the rain effects in all there wisdom, so you wont see it on any of the new planes. But dont let that dteract you from this sim its a huge improvement over fs9 if you are patient and work with it. If you want to see what FSX can lok like pop over to the orbx forums and see what they did to australia. You need acceleration if you want to do carrier landings which is an experience in itself, and SP2 which is included wit haccleration as most ( not all ) new planes require it.