Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andy85

PMDG MD11 Install/Validation issue

Guest Andy85

G'day all, I have trawled across the net in search of a solution but no joy so far...Ok, so I have purchased and downloaded succesfully and saved the file to desktop. The first time I did this I was presented with a 'zip' folder which I could not do anything with. Couldn't open or extract it at all. I cannot re-create this to get the exact wording but it said the file was not valid or the archive was empty whenever I tried to do anything with it.Restarted computer and the icon had changed to become an internet explorer shortcut? (Although it was slightly different in that the blue 'e' was completley within the page rather than overlapping the left edge not sure if that makes a difference?)Upon trying to open this, Internet Explorer opens but before the window is even fully up, it closes again immediately and repeats this process about twice a second, continuously, until I either restart or log off. The page never actually opens, just appears and then just as quick it's gone again, over and over and over and over.......I have downloaded the file I think three times now, each with the same result, and I really don't know what to do now, I've paid $120 for this...?Running Windows Vista and have downloaded the Queen of the Skies recently with no issues whatsoever. Internet Explorer is also working flawlessly. I have also tried opening the file without my firewall and that doesn't make any difference.Any ideas guys?Thanks in advanceAll the bestAndy White (bit tearful and emotional)

G'day all, I have trawled across the net in search of a solution but no joy so far...Ok, so I have purchased and downloaded succesfully and saved the file to desktop. The first time I did this I was presented with a 'zip' folder which I could not do anything with. Couldn't open or extract it at all. I cannot re-create this to get the exact wording but it said the file was not valid or the archive was empty whenever I tried to do anything with it.Restarted computer and the icon had changed to become an internet explorer shortcut? (Although it was slightly different in that the blue 'e' was completley within the page rather than overlapping the left edge not sure if that makes a difference?)Upon trying to open this, Internet Explorer opens but before the window is even fully up, it closes again immediately and repeats this process about twice a second, continuously, until I either restart or log off. The page never actually opens, just appears and then just as quick it's gone again, over and over and over and over.......I have downloaded the file I think three times now, each with the same result, and I really don't know what to do now, I've paid $120 for this...?Running Windows Vista and have downloaded the Queen of the Skies recently with no issues whatsoever. Internet Explorer is also working flawlessly. I have also tried opening the file without my firewall and that doesn't make any difference.Any ideas guys?Thanks in advanceAll the bestAndy White (bit tearful and emotional)
I believe you are by far the only one with this problem.The original file is zipped file, which you can extract with any program like WinZip or WinRAR, works here that way. Then you execute the file which extracts. If it changes to something else, you are very likely to have a virus or something similar.Sorry that I can't be of more help, but nothing comes to my mind what you can really try against it...

I suppose there is a possibility that the source file itself is somehow corrupted - they just released an update for both FS versions. I would send an email to support, have them check the download file.What about your anti-virus software, is there a log file you can check? False positives occur, so your download may have been interfered with for that reason.Tom

Guest Andy85

Thanks for the quick answers guys.virus could be possible I suppose but I have anti-virus software and all that...I'm really hoping the download itself might be corrupted or something. I have sent an email to their support forum so will hope for the best.I'll try and have a look at the virus side of things, I'm not very computer proficient unfortunately so if you have any advice in that respect I'll be listening.Thanks again for your input, much appreciated.All the bestAndy

Guest Andy85

Think I may have got somewhere!Edited the program to open with WinZip and for some reason it has now reverted back to a zip file, different from the one before, and I now appear to be able to extract.It's now aying I don't have the latest version of FS9 but I think I'm going to have a look at the Flight 1 thing for the registry fix.Again thanks for you input guysAndy

Think I may have got somewhere!Edited the program to open with WinZip and for some reason it has now reverted back to a zip file, different from the one before, and I now appear to be able to extract.It's now aying I don't have the latest version of FS9 but I think I'm going to have a look at the Flight 1 thing for the registry fix.Again thanks for you input guysAndy
Do you have FS9.1? or just FS9?.....It require you have FS9.1/ Leffe

Guest Andy85

I thought I did, I tried to download the update and it wouldn't so I re-installed Fs9, then the update and all worked ok. Just can't get the stupid STUPID liveries to work now... :(

Maybe the registry has a small glitch... the livery installer requires this. Try the registry repair tool from Flight1 (safe and free download).

Dan Downs KCRP