Sign in to follow this  
moggel

Is VoxATC any good?

Hello,Yes, PFE will recognize voice comands if you set it up, but you need Voice Buddy or another similar product that can connect voice recognition with key commands. It has hotkeys that attached to the phrases and the stage of flight. You can set the configuration so that the voice command is not repeated by PFE or is repeated by PFE. Example: I have pushed back from the gate and am ready to taxi. In my case, I say ready to taxi to runway. It gives me the runway and route to the runway. I use voice to handle all of the ATC interaction and not select 1 or 2 or 10, etc. I can request altitude adjustments, other runway for take off or landing, etc. The program really does need to be looked at in depth, as an alternative ATC.Lynn

HiCan we use Vox ATC with FSUIPC or simconnect on a slave PC.Thank'sFabrizio

HiCan we use Vox ATC with FSUIPC or simconnect on a slave PC.Thank'sFabrizio
No, VoxATC must be installed on your FSX PC. I believe this has to do with the prompter window display. The developer has indicated that a future version might be able to be networked. I believe this issue is addressed in the FAQ section on the VoxATC site.

Beware if you run on Vista 64. It will cost you a lot more than you bargained for to get voices that will work with 64 bit.
Can you please elaborate on this?I'm seriously looking at adding voice commands for the next version of FS2Crew (however my plan is to do voice integration quite differently from the way its been traditionally done in FS :( ) , and I'm trying to sort out all the potential trouble spots in advance as voice can be a bit tricky based on what I've read.Cheers,

Can you please elaborate on this?I'm seriously looking at adding voice commands for the next version of FS2Crew (however my plan is to do voice integration quite differently from the way its been traditionally done in FS :( ) , and I'm trying to sort out all the potential trouble spots in advance as voice can be a bit tricky based on what I've read.Cheers,
Certainly. I was running on XP before my latest setup: Vox ATC worked perfectly. Then I progressed to Vista64 and found the voices wouldn't work. 64 bit is the problem. RC Simulatons referred me to Cepstral for 64 bit voices. It now works fine - but the voices were very expensive! However, the new voices are better than before, so that's a small consolation.

Regards

Frank Jones