Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AirbusA340300

Some AI help

I just downloaded a bunch of packages from WOAI and was wondering, how do i remove the default AI traffic? and also, i have been away from FS for a while and just got back into it with FSX, i know that afcad doesnt work with FSX, so what do you use instead? thanksadam

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I just downloaded a bunch of packages from WOAI and was wondering, how do i remove the default AI traffic? and also, i have been away from FS for a while and just got back into it with FSX, i know that afcad doesnt work with FSX, so what do you use instead? thanksadam
Hello Adam, to remove the default traffic go to the scenery/world/scenery folder and remove or rename the traffic.bgl file. For working with airports I recommend the freeware Airport Design Editor by Jon Masterson (and others) found here in the library. Heads up, you'll need the deluxe version with the fsx SDK to be able to use it.

thanks for the info. i dont plan on editing my own airports, just downloading. i was just wondering if you still download AFCADs for FSX or something else to get the proper AIadam

AdamNo need to rename anything. WOAI flightplans are FS9 format. As soon as you install them they cancel out the default traffic. WOAI has an FSX installer that should take care of everything (AFCADs, aircraft, and FPs) for you. You should go to the WOAI website and check this all out to be sure. Bob