Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daveo

Traffic settings to high?

So ya think??I had to laugh at this one.Southwest 1233 climb and maintain FL 739Southwest 1233 please expedite your descent to FL 600KDEN-KLAX B738

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

same here, 812 please expedite your climb to FL810might be due to some bug in compilation of ai FPs. I am currently using aifp 1.6.I also see ai aircraft set too high close to airport at start of a new fs session, diving for the ils, which is not the case when compiled using the sdk compiler.

So ya think??I had to laugh at this one.Southwest 1233 climb and maintain FL 739Southwest 1233 please expedite your descent to FL 600KDEN-KLAX B738
What are your system specs?? High load on the PC might not give ATC enough time to process the flights probably. Or it could just be too much traffic for one sector :(. I feel bad for the passengers on Southwest 1233, they were probably gasping for air!

What gman said; I was flying from Hannover to Madeira in PMDG's MD-11 and sped up the flight (I didn't have time for the ~4 hour flight). Somewhere over France, I hear ATC giving some really bizarre instructions to a flight kind of like this (I don't remember the callsign, so let's say it's Speedbird 24):"Speedbird 24, you are 2000 below your assigned altitude, climb and maintain FL340."Three seconds later, "Speedbird 24, you are 5000 above your assigned altitude, descend and maintain FL340."The MFD showed a TCAS target shoot up from 3000 below me to about 7000 above, while ATC was giving those directions, and when I caught sight of the plane, the contrails showed the AI had done a 10,000-ft high half-loop. I was so stunned by this it didn't cross my mind to take a screenshot.

same here, 812 please expedite your climb to FL810might be due to some bug in compilation of ai FPs. I am currently using aifp 1.6.I also see ai aircraft set too high close to airport at start of a new fs session, diving for the ils, which is not the case when compiled using the sdk compiler.
Im running MytrafficX on a low end machine (Athalon 2400 XP) but the traffic is only set to 20%. It was a heavy loaded sector at noon so prolly massive amounts of AC in the vicinity. I bet 1233 had some great gas mileage.

The MFD showed a TCAS target shoot up from 3000 below me to about 7000 above, while ATC was giving those directions, and when I caught sight of the plane, the contrails showed the AI had done a 10,000-ft high half-loop. I was so stunned by this it didn't cross my mind to take a screenshot.
Aah, that'll be the famous Immelman maneuever that is taught to all BA pilots, just in case a Lufthansa aircraft ends up behind them :( Al