Sign in to follow this  
Hans_Petter

Cockpits and Nividia

I flew a stock aircraft the other day and noticed the old problem with FU III and Nvidia cards. I never saw that line previously since I had a Voodoo card. Now, I basically know what I need to do but do I pull the scenery window down, the cockpit window up or both? I gather it takes a one pixel overlap to avoid this shimmering line.

Do not change the window but just the rect definition, make it a bit larger thats allAndre

Do not change the window but just the rect definition, make it a bit larger thats allAndre
I fixed it for the Mooney Bravo. I noticed that the success depends on which window is being enlarged. I believe I tried to make the 3D region one pixel taller / wider at first and just got a wider gap. Then I went the opposite way and got rid of all annoying lines. They appear on both panel versions (VFR and IFR), back view and quarter view back views.I was thinking, it might be an idea to upload all stock aircraft with Nvidia-ready rects. There might still be some old users with new computers / even a couple of new users who are bothered by a display anomaly they don't have to live with. These days a 5 - 6 MB upload/download is no big deal.

Guest DLM
I fixed it for the Mooney Bravo. I noticed that the success depends on which window is being enlarged. I believe I tried to make the 3D region one pixel taller / wider at first and just got a wider gap. Then I went the opposite way and got rid of all annoying lines. They appear on both panel versions (VFR and IFR), back view and quarter view back views.I was thinking, it might be an idea to upload all stock aircraft with Nvidia-ready rects. There might still be some old users with new computers / even a couple of new users who are bothered by a display anomaly they don't have to live with. These days a 5 - 6 MB upload/download is no big deal.
Please do! You already have one download from me :(Hilsen,// Daniel

Hans,I have versions of all the default aircraft with those cockpit views corrected. The only difference is that the Beechjet has that green and grey Jaguar colour scheme.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hans,I have versions of all the default aircraft with those cockpit views corrected. The only difference is that the Beechjet has that green and grey Jaguar colour scheme.
Then I would suggest that you upload them !

Please ignore last post with quote from Chris but no text :( Chris-If you could upload the corrected stock aircraft then I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be very grateful.I think the amended cockpit might solve my problem of garbled 2d panels :( regards.......Stuart

Regarding the "allowed to do that" question, I assume you worry about Looking Glass copyrights? I would think that nobody would think of this as copyright infringement as long as you (or, anyone else) don't pretend that the stock aircraft are your creations. It's simply a question of adapting the aircraft to look as intended with Nvidia cards. If Looking Glass had followed up this product the fix would have been offered by them. Just make sure that the ReadMe points out that aircraft are 100 percent Looking Glass and require a purchased version of FU III to be of any use.Hans Petter

OK, since the AVSIM Library is still offline, I will create a single zip file that includes all ten default planes with the corrected panels, and upload them to FileFront. Does anyone know who created the Jaguar colour scheme for the Beechjet? I would need to credit them for that.I am in Scotland at the moment, so I will not be able to do this until at least Tuesday.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

If you are having problems with "bleed through" lines in the cockpit views of the ten default planes in FU3, you can download the corrected versions from the following location. Please remember that the Beechjet in this package has a Jaguar (green and silver) colour scheme.....http://www.filefront.com/14032813/FU3-Aircraft.zip/

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks!The next challenge in this department will be to modify previous designer uploads. A lot of nice aircraft and cockpit mods have been made by persons who seem to have left us years ago. Steve Hess comes to mind. I'll fix the recs of his planes to make them Nvidia compatible but I won't upload for now. Did any of our previous designers declare their creations to be public domain? If so we don't have to ask permission.

Hello to all,Thank you Chris for uploading the stock aircraft with a revised cockpit, unfortunately my problem with cockpit graphics persists - to the point where I am considering ditching FU3 after years of fun with it. At the risk of repeating myself from an earlier post my problem is this.I changed my Nvidia card recently to a 8400GS after my old one blew and installed the 182.08 driver.My earlier card [ an Nvidia 7600] together with nhancer produced really good graphics for FU3, but not so with the new one.If I enable 'enhance in-game AA settings' I get a readable 2D instrument panel, but the dreaded 'jaggies' also.If I disable the setting the graphics are perfect ......apart from a very jumbled unreadable 2D instrument panel.I understand FU 3 has no built-in AA so surely this setting is correct [ ?].I can use Nhancer/ Nvidia control panel to a certain level of effectiveness but then I start to struggle - anybody with any suggestions? I can't believe that I am the only member of the forum experiencing this problem.Strangely, this cockpit display problem doesn't appear with some of the more recent add-on aircraft - e.g. Sukhoi,Beechcraft SD17S/D17S,Vigilant,Geebee,Antonov.However with even these aircraft I am getting problems with the sim freezing and CTD's.I read in an earlier thread that Hans Petter was thinking of revising cockpits to make them Nvidia compatible - that would be appreciated by more than just me I'm sure. FU2 runs perfectly with this card, which I'm at a loss to understand as it is an older sim !Any guidance would be appreciated.Regards to all :( Stuart

Hi Stuart,My graphic card is a NVidia GeForce 8600GT using it under Win XP SP3 without problems and running NHancer 2.4.2Desktop resolution: 1280x1024FU3 resolution: 800x600 and 1024x768flight3.exe: Angepasstes Profil NHancer display (German)AA: 8xS,TranspMSAF: 8xVSync: AppTrilin- AnisoSam+MipMap:Bi 1. Try to change fu3 to 800x600 or 1024x768 2. try out ddfix search for it in the forum, I have tried it with good results also but I don't need it - I keep finger crossed :-) see screenshot.good luckAndr

Stuart,Is your graphics system AGP or PCI-E? I have a spare 256MB GeForce 7600GT AGP graphics card, and I would be happy to send it to you free of charge.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png