Sign in to follow this  
Marniftarr

Adaptive lighting effect for FSX

WOW this looks really good.Question tho scoochy, what are u using to control your head movement in the cockpit?? Im quite intrested in that, plz share.

Guest srathe

For what it's worth, I'm using vista ultimate, an 8800 Ultra, and the 182.50 drivers (or whatever the latest Nvidia drivers are) and running dx9. It all works great for me, 1920x1200 full screen and windows, external views work just fine. Also running nhancer.

Download these pics (click on them for the high res versions) and switch between them in Windows. I think the difference is absolutely staggering!Effect off:2jbjngo.jpgEffect on:2zs7jp5.jpgEffect off:2rc5z4j.jpgEffect on:miz8mh.jpg(BTW I changed BloomPowerDay=0 to BloomPowerDay=5 for a tiny bit more polished look.)

WOW this looks really good.Question tho scoochy, what are u using to control your head movement in the cockpit?? Im quite intrested in that, plz share.
Head movement is provided by the wonderful TrackIR.

Guest 413X3

Jeroen, where are you flying? that looks like nice scenery

Download these pics (click on them for the high res versions) and switch between them in Windows. I think the difference is absolutely staggering!Effect off:
Yep amazing stuff huge difference only the default settings are way to strong lol ;-)Tip use ENB tuner to edit the effects :-)

André

Guest Nick_N

Another "white screen" here with one of my systems... I worked several values to try and overcome including the AA value noted for the issue.. I do not have time to look into it right now however I will as I get time and if the OP does not post any suggestion The affected system is Xp x64 in use on a 8800GTXThe i7/285 tower works fine with it

Jeroen, where are you flying? that looks like nice scenery
I'm flying the RealAir Decathlon from the RealAir Scout package. (I always used to fly the Scout with a white panel from the same package, but the Decathlon has got some more power and can move around a bit more flexible (since it's a stuntplane) and with this addon the black panel is nicer than the white panel). Great plane with the smoothest gauges you can find! Scenery is FTX Blue from ORBX.
Yep amazing stuff huge difference only the default settings are way to strong lol ;-)Tip use ENB tuner to edit the effects :-)
Didn't know about a tuner. I did turn down the effect (by simply editing the ini) that makes it darker around you when you look into the light, but just a little (from 40 to 30). But I even upped the bloom for the day (from 0 to 5: (I am not behind my FSX computer so I can't check the extact name of the entry). The nightsettings need a lot of tweaking though, because it's way too light with them (haven't really tried anything yet though, also because I hardly fly at night). But as far as the day is concerned, the settings aren't 'way too strong' for me.

Guest KTH090

WHEW.... I'm completely messed up with the ini flie,but it seems that [bloom] and [colorcorrection] section has obvious tweaks for fsx. Here is the sections of my ini file,that is retouched for more balanced day-light bloom and little more darkened night, desaturated day-light color.

[BLOOM]BloomPowerDay=8BloomFadeTime=800BloomConstantDay=4BloomQuality=0BloomScreenLevelDay=100BloomCurveDay=10BloomPowerNight=30BloomConstantNight=0BloomScreenLevelNight=0BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=20BloomAdaptationMultiplier=100BloomAllowOversaturation=0BloomMaxLimit=100BloomCurveNight=-10[COLORCORRECTION]DarkeningAmountDay=40ScreenLevelDay=100ScreenLevelNight=0DarkeningAmountNight=0GammaCurveDay=0GammaCurveNight=0ColorSaturationDay=-2ColorSaturationNight=2UsePaletteTexture=0

My video is one of ati 1950 series.Test it, and try other values you wish..!

I must have done something wrong. I can't see any difference.
When I actually installed it correctly (!!) I got the same white screen as Nick.

Guest KTH090
When I actually installed it correctly (!!) I got the same white screen as Nick.
Did you try full screen? Sometimes in windowed mode, this addon makes big-bloom as settings for night time, and everything going white.