Sign in to follow this  
Marniftarr

Adaptive lighting effect for FSX

Guest Nick_N

I think I know my way around a config file and hardware.. There is one note in the config instructions related to color washed screens and the use of the AA flag in the addon.. that has no effect when changed as the documentation describesMost likely its tied to the driver in use and possibly a combination of chipset/card/driver at the same time however right now I do not have time to play with it nor do I intend to change a video driver that runs FSX perfectly in order to try and use this with -one- system. Although I do like what it does in many places even trimming it and working with the values still leaves spots where the visual effect is not so appealing. To me if something like this does not create a truly uniform result I tend to not use it. Not to say its a bad addon.. on the contrary, it is a nice litte tool to play with as many different effects can be produced and generated

Guest KTH090
BTW I wouldn never set BloomAllowOversaturation to zero because BloomAllowOversaturation is exactly the effect that gives LIGHT in FSX!!! It's one of the main benefits from this addon imho! So I will most defenitely leave that at 1!
I agree. BloomAllowOversaturation is exellent. But sometimes like rainy or dusk time, it gives unrealistic feeling to me. Sky looks too bright. So I turned off that effect, and raised bloom levels instead. Anyway, now I have turned on BloomAllowOversaturation again!Nevertheless some negative side, I couldn't give up the bright and fantastic light of BloomAllowOversaturation. Finally, I settled down with these config(little edit of the config posted here);BloomPowerDay=0BloomConstantDay=4BloomAllowOversaturation=1Thanks!

I've completed more testing with the ini file. It seems for me that occlusions and or shadows gives the white screen. If I disable occlusions and shadows, then I get no white screen. I verified this by initiating the certain effect of shadows or occlusions with the respective hot keys F10 and F8. However, I get no affect at all when in full screen mode now! I know whether or not the effect has been activated because I can press F12 to activate everything and then then F8 or F10 for a guaranteed white screen. But still I can't get the effect at all in full screen. I thought it might have been something to do with nhancer so I tried changing around a bunch of settings one by one and it made no difference. The documentation on the website about anti aliasing didn't help either. Must be the drivers. What drivers are you guys using? I'm on 181.77. I might have to switch back to the XG drivers I was using before.

Another white screen for me too :( Running latest drivers

Guest firehawk44

This is a great freeware program for FSX! I have 2 8800GTX video cards and the enhancement works great. I didn't touch my FSX or display driver configurations. I think the best thing about this program is the fact you can activate/deactivate the program with shift/F12. The only problem I found (and it really isn't a problem) was the fact I had to activate the program again everytime I changed views. Thanks to the individuals who did the modifications to this dll!Best regards,Jim

BloomMaxLimit, which is at 100 by default. If you think the sky or white clouds are burning your monitor too much, try a setting of 75. Or lower. Or whatever. That will still turn on the light but a bit more tempered. :( (I'm no expert here but I just write down what I see when I fiddle around with the ini).Of course everyone likes something else... That's why it's nice you can edit the ini!Maybe the guys and gals with white screen should checlk what happens if they set OR BloomAllowOversaturation to zero OR BloomMaxLimit to something lower (I'd try the latter first).
Now there other settings to lot related when your render in 3ds max for example but still it givesalso grain over layer and effect on colors lot to play with here :-)Night values indeed positive will have a darkening effect en negative values give a more bright effect.Shadow features and depth of field is great to but have a huge FPS penalty as expected lolAs for over saturation at zero you will still have the bloom effect but far less ;-)Lot to play with though to have the settings I'm satisfied with but time :(

André

Ok now I need to ask those of you with no white screen problem, are you guys running motherboards that have nvidia chipsets?

Ok now I need to ask those of you with no white screen problem, are you guys running motherboards that have nvidia chipsets?
Nope running intel chipset P45 + 8800GT here :-)

André

I'm running out of ideas. I got rid of the white screen but now the effect doesn't work at all. I hit shift F12 and nothing at all changes. Everything is fine in window mode. It's just full screen mode does not want to work with this tweak. What resolution are you guys running? I'm at 1920x1200

Guest dswo

It's working with my 8800GT and 185.20 beta driver. Framerates are solid, but antialiasing is degraded. (I'm using NickN's suggested settings with Nhancer.) Turning bloom off with shift-F12 didn't put AA back, but reloading FSX sansd3d9.dll did.

Guest UlfB
No, X58 (see my sig). nVIDIA 182.06 drivers.

Guest UlfB
Hmmm what resolution are you running?
1920x1200

Well then I might have to go back to 182.06. The only reason I wanted to try the 181.77 was because they were specifically listed under Windows 7 drivers on nvidia's site. I don't notice anymore graphic anomalies with DX10 though with these drivers.

Guest KTH090

I found some other binaries(.dll) of ENB's also works with fsx, those are for Oblivion, HalfLife2 and Burnout Paradise. Testing with ini file for fsx(original post's one) they give almost same effect, but I feel little differences also.I think it is worth a try to challengers!