Sign in to follow this  
Marniftarr

Adaptive lighting effect for FSX

Did you try full screen? Sometimes in windowed mode, this addon makes big-bloom as settings for night time, and everything going white.
Yes I did. I always run in full screen. :(

Didn't know about a tuner. I did turn down the effect (by simply editing the ini) that makes it darker around you when you look into the light, but just a little (from 40 to 30). But I even upped the bloom for the day (from 0 to 5: (I am not behind my FSX computer so I can't check the extact name of the entry). The nightsettings need a lot of tweaking though, because it's way too light with them (haven't really tried anything yet though, also because I hardly fly at night). But as far as the day is concerned, the settings aren't 'way too strong' for me.
Will be interesting to see your settings.KTH090, I tired your settings, they are a bit to bright for me.

From the website :-)PROBLEMS SOLVING:Q: Mod installed, but i don't see any difference.A: After game start mod is not activated, turn it on by hotkeys (by default SHIFT F12).Q: When activating the mod, image makes black (objects near the camera).A: Your videocard not support antialiasing of HDR textures, disable antialiasing in the game and in display driver control panel. Also try to set AllowAntialias=0, BugFixMode=1 or 5, AlternativeDepth=0, if not helps, disable ambient occlusions EnableOcclusion=0.Q: Computer not responding when mod activated.A: Perhaps video drivers too old or too new, for example forceware 169.xx and higher (174.xx last tested) working incorrectly woth some HDR textures, use older drivers (162.xx, 163.xx). Also try to change BugFixMode and disable ambient occlusions EnableOcclusion=0.Q: Car reflections sometimes hiding and flickering.A: For some videocards you need to set ReflectionDepthBias value to something about 100, depending from hardware. This problem was found on all Radeon videocards.Q: From far distance interier and wheels becomes overlapped visible through car.A: Value of ReflectionDepthBias is too high or it's not required for your videocard.Q: I have integrated onboard videochip and mod not works.A: Perhaps video memory size is too small for display resolution you are playing, decrease it or in bios setting increase video memory size (typically values from 16 to 128 Mb).Q: At high resolutions and antialiasing not works.A: Not enough video memory.Q: Image became blurred on entire screen even when motion blur and depth of field disabled.A: Perhaps in videodrivers control panel some optimization presets produce such artifact, try to set there everything to maximal quality instead of maximal performance and, if available, "application controlled" for some parameters instead of forcing them. PERFORMANCE TIPS:Do not use too high display resolution with ambient occlusion enabled, this effect directly depends from number of pixels on the screen.By setting UseWaterDeep=0, UseOcclusions=0, UseDepthOfField=0, ShadowQuality=2 rendering of the scene to depth deactivating and performance greatly increase.Reflections with some imported car models may work very slow, because of too many polygons that currently proceeded several times, just wait for next releases, rendering reflections with cars itself will be done later.Bloom almost not decrease game speed, use it as you wish.Any filtering, for shadows or for ambient occlusions are very slow, try to set their quality=2 and check framerate, may be it will be good for you.

André

From the website :-)PROBLEMS SOLVING:Q: Mod installed, but i don't see any difference.A: After game start mod is not activated, turn it on by hotkeys (by default SHIFT F12).Q: When activating the mod, image makes black (objects near the camera).A: Your videocard not support antialiasing of HDR textures, disable antialiasing in the game and in display driver control panel. Also try to set AllowAntialias=0, BugFixMode=1 or 5, AlternativeDepth=0, if not helps, disable ambient occlusions EnableOcclusion=0.Q: Computer not responding when mod activated.A: Perhaps video drivers too old or too new, for example forceware 169.xx and higher (174.xx last tested) working incorrectly woth some HDR textures, use older drivers (162.xx, 163.xx). Also try to change BugFixMode and disable ambient occlusions EnableOcclusion=0.Q: Car reflections sometimes hiding and flickering.A: For some videocards you need to set ReflectionDepthBias value to something about 100, depending from hardware. This problem was found on all Radeon videocards.Q: From far distance interier and wheels becomes overlapped visible through car.A: Value of ReflectionDepthBias is too high or it's not required for your videocard.Q: I have integrated onboard videochip and mod not works.A: Perhaps video memory size is too small for display resolution you are playing, decrease it or in bios setting increase video memory size (typically values from 16 to 128 Mb).Q: At high resolutions and antialiasing not works.A: Not enough video memory.Q: Image became blurred on entire screen even when motion blur and depth of field disabled.A: Perhaps in videodrivers control panel some optimization presets produce such artifact, try to set there everything to maximal quality instead of maximal performance and, if available, "application controlled" for some parameters instead of forcing them. PERFORMANCE TIPS:Do not use too high display resolution with ambient occlusion enabled, this effect directly depends from number of pixels on the screen.By setting UseWaterDeep=0, UseOcclusions=0, UseDepthOfField=0, ShadowQuality=2 rendering of the scene to depth deactivating and performance greatly increase.Reflections with some imported car models may work very slow, because of too many polygons that currently proceeded several times, just wait for next releases, rendering reflections with cars itself will be done later.Bloom almost not decrease game speed, use it as you wish.Any filtering, for shadows or for ambient occlusions are very slow, try to set their quality=2 and check framerate, may be it will be good for you.
That didn't help me. I'm still getting a white screen in full screen mode at any resolution other than the lowest setting. To people having this problem, see what happens when you bring up the fps counter, you can see stuff but most everything is white.

Another "white screen" here with one of my systems... I worked several values to try and overcome including the AA value noted for the issue.. I do not have time to look into it right now however I will as I get time and if the OP does not post any suggestion The affected system is Xp x64 in use on a 8800GTXThe i7/285 tower works fine with it
Hmmm maybe the white screen happens with certain vid cards. I'm running a 9800GTX and I get the white screen. Maybe I should pick up a GTX 280 since they are cheap. Can other people chime in on what vid cards they are using? Perhaps we can get to the bottom of this.

I like this tool, wonderful find!! I agree though it is just a bit too much at the default settings, but overall I love it. Perhaps it is time to start exchange ini files. It appears that we are now one step closer to the magic screenie. :(8800GTS here no problems at all. Latest drivers.

Hmmm maybe the white screen happens with certain vid cards. I'm running a 9800GTX and I get the white screen. Maybe I should pick up a GTX 280 since they are cheap. Can other people chime in on what vid cards they are using? Perhaps we can get to the bottom of this.
EVGA 8800 GTX, I7 920. Haven't played with it enough to know whether I like it but application runs fine (180.48 on XP64 bit) - FSX with AccPac.Brent

Don't get me wrong, this application extension mod is great, and is so simple, but adds a lot to FSX using HDR and SSAO (Looks good in Crysis!), but.... the add-on seems like it was tailored for a different game, being to bright at times, and way too dark at other times, IDK why, maybe because I just came from a basketball game and a soccer game :(, but I am too lazy to tweak things around and experiment, and I do not know if value modified will show up in real time. It would be great to see some people with custom .ini files and a screenshot to show how bright/dark it is :). The settings in Marniftarr video look very nice and done to perfection, so if he shares his, if it is modified, we will have an uber Flight Simulation game!

I am running with a 9800 gtx and it works just fine.
D'OH! So much for the white screen problem being limited to certain vid cards lol.

The settings in Marniftarr video look very nice and done to perfection, so if he shares his, if it is modified, we will have an uber Flight Simulation game!
I think the rar file he provided contains his settings... On the ENB-site there is no FSX-specific file, so I think Marniftarr edited this one himself...?Anyway, after reading the replies it seems everyone is getting a more or less different result with it: some think the default settings are way over the top, others think it's too subtle and some people get white screens, meaning (probably) bloom is WAAAAAAY to high. So it seems there are no real universal settings or that there won't be an ini that works for everyone...The only things I've changed so far are:BloomPowerDay=0 > BloomPowerDay=5DarkeningAmountDay=40 > DarkeningAmountDay=30DarkeningAmountNight=-30 > DarkeningAmountNight=0I wonder if the people with white screens tried some different settings for:BloomScreenLevelDay=95BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=24BloomAdaptationMultiplier=100BloomAllowOversaturation=1BloomMaxLimit=100I do think they get a white screen because they have too much bloom: maybe turning these settings down will help?

Guest UlfB

Excellent enhancement for FS :( No impact on my frames with the default ini settings.@Jeroen and KTH090, thanks for the tweaks!

I think the rar file he provided contains his settings... On the ENB-site there is no FSX-specific file, so I think Marniftarr edited this one himself...?Anyway, after reading the replies it seems everyone is getting a more or less different result with it: some think the default settings are way over the top, others think it's too subtle and some people get white screens, meaning (probably) bloom is WAAAAAAY to high. So it seems there are no real universal settings or that there won't be an ini that works for everyone...BloomAllowOversaturation=1BloomMaxLimit=100
Jeroen the bloom can cause over saturation thats why some end up with to much white.I'm more the man of subtitle realistic changes and details ;-)That's the beauty you can configure the effect via the ini file based on your own hardware and display settings...BloomAllowOversaturation set to 0 instead of 1 will at least not give the white color wash out effect and you can go from there..Still not satisfied with the night levels far to bright skies lolRemeber also that with the supplied ini file most of the features are disable 0 instead of 1 so only bloom if activated more feature it will cost FPS :(

André

What a great enhancement! Running an 8800 GT here with no white screen. The default settings are a little too strong but with a bit of tweaking I'm sure we'll have a great looking FSX. Has anyone tried all tweaks listed in this thread and is it possible to pick out the best one? I can't use FSX as of this moment.Great add-on!

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Jeroen the bloom can cause over saturation thats why some end up with to much white.I'm more the man of subtitle realistic changes and details ;-)That's the beauty you can configure the effect via the ini file based on your own hardware and display settings...BloomAllowOversaturation set to 0 instead of 1 will at least not give the white color wash out effect and you can go from there..Still not satisfied with the night levels far to bright skies lolRemeber also that with the supplied ini file most of the features are disable 0 instead of 1 so only bloom if activated more feature it will cost FPS :(
Yes, that's what I was thinking too but I couldn't check it because I don't have a white screen.Night are indeed bad by default. I have changed DarkeningAmountNight from -30 to 0 but I might even try a positive number because it still is a bit too light at night. I hardly fly at night though...About the other features (which are turned off by default): I wonder if they will have any effect at all in FSX...?BTW I wouldn never set BloomAllowOversaturation to zero because BloomAllowOversaturation is exactly the effect that gives LIGHT in FSX!!! It's one of the main benefits from this addon imho! So I will most defenitely leave that at 1! There is no 'going from there' because setting this to zero eliminates the effect completely (I am talking about the light in the sky here). But you can turn down the effect with BloomMaxLimit, which is at 100 by default. If you think the sky or white clouds are burning your monitor too much, try a setting of 75. Or lower. Or whatever. That will still turn on the light but a bit more tempered. :( (I'm no expert here but I just write down what I see when I fiddle around with the ini).Of course everyone likes something else... That's why it's nice you can edit the ini!Maybe the guys and gals with white screen should checlk what happens if they set OR BloomAllowOversaturation to zero OR BloomMaxLimit to something lower (I'd try the latter first).