Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XLS_DRiver

Are joystick settings logged anywhere?

Hello all,I'm wondering if joystick settings/assignments are logged somewhere in the sim, like display settings are in the FSX cfg file. The reason why I'm asking is that I'm finding that mine get erased everytime I exit the sim when using certain payware planes, particularly the Wilco Feelthere Legacy. As it is now, I'm forced to spend ten minutes,, re-assigning all the keys and levers (I have a CH throttle quadrant as well) to their previous settings, everytime I start a flight.Any help would be extremely appreciated. :(

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello all,I'm wondering if joystick settings/assignments are logged somewhere in the sim, like display settings are in the FSX cfg file. The reason why I'm asking is that I'm finding that mine get erased everytime I exit the sim when using certain payware planes, particularly the Wilco Feelthere Legacy. As it is now, I'm forced to spend ten minutes,, re-assigning all the keys and levers (I have a CH throttle quadrant as well) to their previous settings, everytime I start a flight.Any help would be extremely appreciated. :(
Control settings are stored in the standard.xml file. This file is in the users\[name]\appdata\roaming\microsoft\fsx\controls folder (at least under Vista).

In the location where your fsx.cfg is located, there should be a subfolder "Controls", and in that folder is the file "standard.xml", which is the default name for the settings file. The name can be changed in fsx.cfg. If for some reason your standard.xml can't be used, fsx will retrieve data from the master default standard.xml, located in your main flight simulator x folder and reconstruct it.scott s..

So as I understand this, conceivably, I could create a copy of this file (after the settings have been adjusted the way they should be in the sim) and then I could simply copy and paste the backup file, everytime the payware plane wipes out my settings, right? That would be much faster than going into Display>Control in the sim and making all the changes manually, everytime I want to do a flight.