Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

any AI traffic program that is easy on the frames?

I'm thinking of getting an AI traffic program, but I'm a bit hesitant since I fly out in the sticks anyway and I know that AI traffic is a real frame rate killer.is there any commercial program with an autoinstaller that would be frame rate friendly?thanksbs

Ciao!

I find Ultimate Traffic for FSX is pretty frame rate friendly myself. The models aren't that great in comparison to something you'd fly yourself, but most of the time you only see them from 200 yards away, at which distance they look perfectly fine, and it's a no brainer to install and just leave if you aren't that bothered about everything having the absolutely 'up to the second' correct liveries.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I also use ultimate traffic for fsx. WOAI is a free AI app you can get but there is a bit more work from what I have read as far as all the downloads and such you will need to do. I am still waiting for the release of Ultimate Traffic II which looks like it may be a nice app for AI.

Jim Wenham

There is no frame rate friendly AI addon as in 'Install this and you won't lose 1 fps'. You WILL lose fps. Maybe you will lose 10 instead of 15, so in that regard it will be frame rate friendly, but there will be a loss.

I'm thinking of getting an AI traffic program, but I'm a bit hesitant since I fly out in the sticks anyway and I know that AI traffic is a real frame rate killer.is there any commercial program with an autoinstaller that would be frame rate friendly?thanksbs
I use MyTrafficX and apart from increased load times doesn't seem to affect frame rates too much. With this program airports and AI aircraft can be adjusted between performance and quality.Andrew Dixon

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

I use MyTrafficX and apart from increased load times doesn't seem to affect frame rates too much. With this program airports and AI aircraft can be adjusted between performance and quality.Andrew Dixon
I have Ultimate Traffic FSX AND TrafficX from Justflight.Much as I prefer the syling and GUI of UT, without any doubt, TrafficX gives better framerates than UT. At least on my PC. Probably by as much as 40-50% better.I assume that's because the UT AI trafffic are not fully FTX aircraft.Though I do understand that Flight1 will be releasing a fully FSX complient version of UT. Don't know when though.

Nothing yet Traffic X and MyTraffic X are the only ones that have native FSX models.UTX is just a port over from FS9 and a frame hog just wait for the new version fully native FSX :-)At this point we have also great freeware but a lot of work to add... and as said italways cost FPS no matter what package you choose :(Further disable gate movement with AI a huge increase in FPS lolCheers,

André

Further disable gate movement with AI a huge increase in FPS lol
How can you do that? I remember reading about it but I forgot how it works.