Sign in to follow this  
Swoop

Looking for a really nice GA twin prop for FS9

Is there any general consensus as to the best GA twin prop on the market these days. I don't care if it's freeware or payware. It just needs to have a 2d panel and a VC. Let me know your thoughts and thanks!Mark

Good Morning Mark (or whatever time it may be in your part of the world.)I doubt that you will find a "general consensus" on this or any other subject in FS, however, for a few suggestions:Freeware:Twin Bonanza (particularly if you are into modifying your panels a bit).Milton Shupe's Howard 500 (About the prettiest bird in the air)Milton Shupe's Beechcraft D18Payware:The Dreamfleet Beechcraft Baron 58 is tough to beat IMHO.Flightone's Cessna 421. An old one but a good one.FSD Navajo (If it is still available)Turboprops if they are a consideration:The Aeroworx Super King Air B200 is a winner.FSD Cheyenne 400 (If it is still available)Good luck:RTH

I don't think you are likely to find a general consensus, so here's a few suggestions instead...The new Just Flight Flying Club 2 Beechcraft Model 76 Duchess is certainly worth a look. It's not expensive, works in FS9 and FSX and is good fun to fly (Being a brand new release, there are some minor issues with it which are apparently being addressed in a service pack very soon, nothing major). It's probably not the most high fidelity add-on you could find, although it certainly is very good and has some innovative features. Being that it is a brand new release from a large developer, you'll get good support for it, despite being for the older FS9.Slightly older but still certainly very good is Flight 1's Cessna 441, which is also for FSX and FS9. It is very fast, long ranged, and has a very high service ceiling, so you can use it for long trips as well as short ones and pretty much always get above poor weather. Being modeled after the real 441, which is a turboprop aimed at business flyers, it is a bit more complex than the average GA twin, but that means it has a bit more longevity in the challenge department, and it actually makes quite a good transitional trainer for moving up to medium haul airliners. You only get one paint job with it though and the texturing is a little lacking in artistry.Another one worth a look, and one which very many people would claim is the best ever twin for FS9, is the Aeroworx B200 Beechcraft Super King Air. It features very detailed systems and avionics modeling, and again being a turboprop it has the range to make it versatile for a lot of flying. There is an abundance of models that come with it too, from privately owned aircraft to air ambulances. An interesting aspect of this aircraft for FS9, is that it has a 'maintenance utility' which allows you to monitor things such as engine hours, tire wear etc, and you can then simulate replacing the tires, servicing the engines and all that kind of thing. Be warned though, in comparison to a lot of FS aircraft, this is hard to fly, as it has a very realistic flight model, so if you like a good challenge, it will certainly offer that. I would say this one is a 'must have' for any FS9 simmer.There are many more good ones out there of course, but those ones I listed are all pretty good fun. Incidentally, Caranedo have said their Piper Senenca Twin will be available for FS9 very soon, so that's probably going to be a good contender.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Payware and very, very good IMHO.Very good flightmodel, all systems are working and all Cheyenne models are available.A joy to fly with.Piper Cheyenne / Aerosoft - Digital Aviation:http://www.digital-aviation.de/site/?page_id=5Also AeroWorx KA200B is good.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Hmm, guess our Piper Twin Comanche is to be ignored :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I vote for the DreamFleet Baron 58 - includes Reality GPS.Alex ReidDF Baron- N. of Victoria BC over Saanich Peninsula.

Thanks for the responses everyone! I've been busy checking out all of the "twins"...looks like I might have to have triplets myself. I'm still reading but that Howard 500, (even though it wasn't in the genre I was looking for), is really cool.Oh, this question is for the Eaglesoft group...what's up with that DVD player on the console of your Comanche? Does it have any functionality...because that would surely be inventive. (I really love my SR-22G3 by the way :)Mark

Thanks for the responses everyone! I've been busy checking out all of the "twins"...looks like I might have to have triplets myself. I'm still reading but that Howard 500, (even though it wasn't in the genre I was looking for), is really cool.Oh, this question is for the Eaglesoft group...what's up with that DVD player on the console of your Comanche? Does it have any functionality...because that would surely be inventive. (I really love my SR-22G3 by the way :)Mark
Mark, we chose to make the DVD Player inop in order to save time and frames. I did just complete a 10% Coupon offer thru July 31 on all FS9/FSX Aircraft.Mods, feel free to delete this news if it is construed as advertising :( Happy Independance Day to ALL!

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png