Sign in to follow this  
Guest hkmiller

What is going on with FlyII, etc.

Guest hkmiller

I was looking at my IE Favorites and saw the AVSIM link, so thought I would check it out. It has been many years since I visited the site. Also many years since I played FlyII. I had FlyII on a HD that died, so I don't even know if I have a backup copy.So that I can be brought up to date, what is Fly Legacy?Also, is there a place to download the FlyII patches in the event that I find my program CD?My computer has the Nvidia on-board graphics, a 6150. Will FlyII run well with this? If not, what is a good current video card to get? As best as can remember, the ATI cards had issues with Fly. My cpu is Athlon 64 dual core with plenty of memory, and XP.Thanks,Kline

Hi Kline,Fly! Legacy is a freeware project started and run by Chris Wallace, with participation by the ROTW team. The was a post recently from Rene of ROTW in the forum detailing the progress to date. You can Google search (or whichever search engine you prefer) for Fly! Legacy to get to their Wiki Pages for more information on the project. Unfortunately, as far as I know, the patches for Fly! II were contained here at AVSIM - so until the Library comes back up, I am not aware of any other place to get them. You nVidia card should work fine with FLy! II - just setting the amount of memory usage in the render.ini and ensuring the Vertex format line is set to zero. That should do the trick. The topic for Rene's post is "The Fly! sequel from ROTW team".Hope this helps a little!Cheers!

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest hkmiller

Thanks Ken for the update. I will check put the Wiki Pages.

I'm glad I came across a few posts concerning Fly! I used to love that sim. I always thought it had more potential than MS Flight Sim, but I kept waiting for full detailed airports and improved ATC. Remember that robotic female ATIS K-L-A-X In-for-ma-tion Winds 2-4-0 at 4... But I always remember how it took me almost 1 hour to start up the Hawker 800 the first time I tried out the sim. Then waiting for the Bell 407 helicopter to come out with FLYII. I will check out the status of Legacy.Thanks!Keith

Keith Guillory

I was looking at my IE Favorites and saw the AVSIM link, so thought I would check it out. It has been many years since I visited the site. Also many years since I played FlyII. I had FlyII on a HD that died, so I don't even know if I have a backup copy.So that I can be brought up to date, what is Fly Legacy?Also, is there a place to download the FlyII patches in the event that I find my program CD?My computer has the Nvidia on-board graphics, a 6150. Will FlyII run well with this? If not, what is a good current video card to get? As best as can remember, the ATI cards had issues with Fly. My cpu is Athlon 64 dual core with plenty of memory, and XP.Thanks,Kline
G'day Kline, I have the 152-210 Patch and the 240 Patch as well as the Global update saved on my computer so assuming you find your Fly! II discs if you want the patches email me and I'll email them to you.My only concern is I'm not sure if the above patches are for the American or European release of Fly! II.Maybe someone on the forum can enlighten us. My memory is not 100% reliable.

Guest 3cffts

Hi, According to the AVSIM File Library 'File Description' that came with the release of the Patch V.152 to V.210 dated 20 July 2001, and I quote, "This patch is a 'complete' patch from the United States release of Fly! II, built 152 to version 210". The 'Final Patch' to version 2.50.240 says you must have first installed patch V.152 to V.240 .... so I assume that the 'Final Patch' is also for the U.S. release only.Good luck. and I also have these patches available if needed.Cheers, Brian.

'lo guys:I also hold a few of the patches (some which are necessary to bring up to date the EU version), versions 210, 230, 240, as well as the globe update 1 and the video update 2. if needed, just drop me a note. :( Dan

I just re-purchased both Fly! and Fly! II on Ebay. So far I have been 100 percent successful on all Ebay buys. The funny thing to note is that I paid more for shipping than I did for the CDs. I was doing some housekeeping a couple of months ago and decided I probably would never get into using either product. My challenge now will be to get a hold of the patches for the US version and then hopefully find all the old addons that used to be on AVSIM's library.

Keith Guillory