Sign in to follow this  
astrt

MD-11 locks up computer

I know this is an old topic, but I searched for the old thread and couldn't find it, but I recall it never answered my problem.When I try to enter the to/from on line LSK1R(xxxx/xxxx) on the F-PLAN INIT page, nothing happens except my computer locks up completely. I have to do a manual restart to get it to run again. I have no problem entering a CO route on LSK1L. Suggestions!!Art StuartKABQ

Hello ArtHave you seen the problems listed behind the link below?It's really hard to understand why such problems starting from one minute to the other. Before I had never ever such probs with the MD-11.I hope there is not a file inserted which is running out of time; the FS9-MD-11 is off at PMDG website..! Only FSX versions available!Borishttp://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=255515

the FS9-MD-11 is off at PMDG website..! Only FSX versions available!
Rubbish. Both versions are available.Karsten

Art try deleting the saved flights from the flightsim files folder in 'My Documents'. You could have a corrupted file in there causing this.Not sure but I think Dan Downs suggested this once after it happened to him. (Well, hope my memory is ok Dan lol)Only ongoing lockup I've had is entering a vor approach into NTAA - only in fsx version.... never did get to the bottom of that one.John Ellison

Also make sure you have the AIRAC data installed - if it's crashing when you enter the city pair on the INIT page, that tells me something might be up with the navdata... It's in the FSX\PMDG\navdata and FSX\PMDG\sidstars folders...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Rubbish. Both versions are available.Karsten
Of course! Both version available!Just mean FS9 only in package with FSX version. FS9 not as a stand alone product like it was earlier...Right?All the best,Boris

Art try deleting the saved flights from the flightsim files folder in 'My Documents'. You could have a corrupted file in there causing this.Not sure but I think Dan Downs suggested this once after it happened to him. (Well, hope my memory is ok Dan lol)Only ongoing lockup I've had is entering a vor approach into NTAA - only in fsx version.... never did get to the bottom of that one.John Ellison
I found the solution: THANK YOU John!I did as you described and have deleted all the saved flights (My Docs..Flight Sim Files...) and for now everything is working fine again!I am so happy about that and now on my way from Basel to Delhi this night of course in an MD-11F ..!Hope this helps to all the other flight simmers too...Boris :(

The first released version would lock up if there was an error in any saved flight, the current update fixes that problem.

Dan Downs KCRP