Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jerryuscg

Where are AI files loaded ?

on Fs2004 I installed AI2006 which installed too many AI for my system. I made a screen print before and after the installation and it had its own UN-install program. After I UN-installed it I checked and all of the recently added ai aircraft were successfully UN-installed. I know that somewhere there is also a file that holds all of the flight and wx info for ai aircraft. I can't find it. Where is this file located for FS2004 ? When you install ai aircraft into Fs2004 are there only two places where the new ai files are installed? In the aircraft file and the file that holds their flights and weather? thanks jerrycwo4

Hi JerryNot sure what you mean there. AI aircraft dont use FLT WX files, but they should be under C:\users\....\Documents\Microsoft Flightsimulator 9\(Vista anyway)Dave

A backup of your Aircraft folder is in the same Application Data folder that has the FS9 cfg file. Uninstall will not delete planes from that folder. AI flightplans are normally kept in Scenery/world/scenery. Bob

If you were succesful in removing the AI aircraft which the program had installed it really is not necessary to remove the associated Traffic file unless you just want to clean up your system.The Traffic file will not do anything if the specified aircraft are not installed.However, that file is normally found in your Scenery/World/scenery subfolder. I have no idea how it might be named however.

I would also recommend that you take a look at the free AI offerrings from World of AI.A great many of us use these and are very pleased with the results. :( You can check them out here:http://www.world-of-ai.com/Happy Flying!