Sign in to follow this  
Mudhendriver

Photoreal Recommendations?

Tileproxy is probably one of the best photoreal scenery solutions and its free btw. The only thing is that there is no generic autogen like regular houses and other things.

Guest ArtieLange
Hmmm...that's seems like a pretty harsh stance for a developer to take. Probably won't help your sales much.For what it's worth, I did try the same demo scenery downloads the pictures posted above represent, and I have to agree with the comments made by those who also tried them. The colors (particularly Montana) are way off. If it is your choice to produce a product like that, then that is your choice. But to criticize a possible customer for bringing this to your attention, especially after you ASKED for feedback from your potential future customers, is kinda strange. In any case, I removed the demos from my hard drive because I don't intend on using or purchasing the scenery in it's present form.Now, that said, I have spent (and will continue to spend) lots and lots of money on scenery addons for FSX. Many of which cover the same geographical areas, but in different forms (UTX vs photoscenery for the same areas, etc). I will continue to purchase quality addons for the same areas in the future, if I think they are worth the cost or provide a suitable enhancement for the area. Right now, I don't see that happening with your sceneries. You are in competition with many other developers who's photosceneries are not as "off color" as yours are right now. You are competing for my consumer dollars. Right now, based on your demo downloads I did try, I can't justify spending my money to purchase them.There's the feedback you wanted. Take it or leave it. Respectfully submitted,FalconAF
Well said, and with no water masking or autogen, it needs to be almost perfect to beat out the other photoscenery that is already available for the areas. With just one one keyboard shortcut of an automatic tool in Photoshop the scenery improves, you have to color correct, especially anything digital..25ga3bn.jpg

New Mexico is looking GOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!Maybe you should try some more Michal, there is potential here. I was very impressed by my first flight over New Mexico:2009-9-7_22-10-25-687.jpg2009-9-7_22-16-27-10.jpg2009-9-7_22-18-2-165.jpg2009-9-7_22-19-32-915.jpg2009-9-7_22-2-52-542.jpgObviously what you see varies somewhat according to the source image, but colour looks pretty good in this state and it displayed really well, in fact , I did not notice the resolution difference at all here.Gonna try out some more, Nice one larry! Cheers, Mark

New Mexico is looking GOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!Maybe you should try some more Michal, there is potential here.
Mark,You are right, New Mexico looks much better. Funny, I just returned from some vacationing in the south of NM (Sierra Blanca). But for other reasons I can't try this scenery on my PC but must admit your pics look good.

You guys are right. I've posted a new sample of Montana & I'm proceeding to redo it. Sorry if I'm short, defensive, whiney, rude and more. Photoreal scenery developers are like that. It has to do with consistently waiting for microseconds to go by. I will continue to correct the colors as needed. Concerning resolution I have a challenge to try www.sim-savvy.com/Sample/ResolutionSample.zip Use the top down view for area reference and guess which areas are 1meter - 2meter - 1/2meter. The answers can be found on the filenames. PS: Do other developers come to these forums?

Guest F4PhantomRAAF2
New Mexico is looking GOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!Maybe you should try some more Michal, there is potential here. I was very impressed by my first flight over New Mexico:2009-9-7_22-10-25-687.jpg2009-9-7_22-16-27-10.jpg2009-9-7_22-18-2-165.jpg2009-9-7_22-19-32-915.jpg2009-9-7_22-2-52-542.jpgObviously what you see varies somewhat according to the source image, but colour looks pretty good in this state and it displayed really well, in fact , I did not notice the resolution difference at all here.Gonna try out some more, Nice one larry! Cheers, Mark
Great screens Mark! Good to see more photoreal scenery in the works. Daniel

Guest F4PhantomRAAF2
I fully agree. FTX is nice but it's still generic (apart from the extra addon airfields, of course). I can't help getting very annoyed by the repetitive textures and roads and waters cutting buildings and complete area's in half and so on... It's just so NO real. (Talking about generic textures here, not specifically FTX, which is the best generic addon there is.)No generic addon, not even FTX, can beat this imho (click pics for full screen pics):20fruhx.jpg2rxv56w.jpgi6i3xj.jpg2zfo684.jpg2i8gfiq.jpg2wbs2h2.jpgNO WAY a generic addon can look as good as this! There is simply NO repetition at all and everything looks good. No roads cutting through houses, no rivers splitting buildings in two, etc. You see details a generic addon would never show (of course). It just looks real and you'll never get bored of looking at it.This is VFR GenX btw, so England and Wales, not the US... Okay, it looks best at > 3500 ft or so, but most of my time is spend in a plane up high in the air, so I don't care if it doesn't look perfect at 500 ft. ;) You can get the whole of England and Wales for the price of something like three FTX airports, so compared to that it's an absolute bargain too. ;)
Got to say that is amazing. Now I just have to find a software engineer and developer to convert the PSS 777-300 for me!!!!I run FS9...... for the PSS 777.Daniel

Scotland Isles @ 60cmpp. Amazing.2jg6pw2.jpgdetr10.jpgn1wcnr.jpgOr GENX @ 1.2cmpp with 3D placement, incredible.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVWT2SnNzWI

Keith Sandford.