Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Current Airspace Frequency...

Bill, what you've done to "fake" the frequency there is just use the nearestairport frequency query? What are you using to set the currentline?

Good Day,

Engjell Berisha

Angel-Simulations-Small.png

If we are still talking about airspacefrequency, you don't have to fake them.See pic in the other thread.

Bill, what you've done to "fake" the frequency there is just use the nearestairport frequency query? What are you using to set the currentline?
Nearest searches return multiple entities if MaxItems and MaxDistance are large enough (which they usually are). To choose one of the entities in the list you have to Set the CurrentLine variable. In a NearestAirport case, its NearestAirportCurrentLine, although Bills post was talking about NearestAirspace, not NearestAirport...

Bob I am familiar with this. Jan seems to have cleared my vision. I took Bill's posts to mean that I can not get the frequency of the airspace in FS9 and understood that he took the closest center freq from the nearest airport list. I wanted to know how you would search through the list to find the center freq but not necessary anymore.

Good Day,

Engjell Berisha

Bob I am familiar with this. Jan seems to have cleared my vision. I took Bill's posts to mean that I can not get the frequency of the airspace in FS9 and understood that he took the closest center freq from the nearest airport list. I wanted to know how you would search through the list to find the center freq but not necessary anymore.
Okay.... Bill just didn't include Center in the NearsetAirspaceQuery declaration... Edited by Propwash

Yes, I remembered to check my own Wiki entry where I'd stashed a copy of the FS9 GPS variables... ;)Well, they don't work in either FS9 or FSX, but I did manage to 'fake it' a bit by fetching the closest CENTER frequency (which is close enough for me).Hm, I haven't check out (@c:NearestAirspaceQuery,enum) yet... Maybe that'll give me an index value for the frequency... :(
That bit is what mislead me I suppose. Thanks anyway.

Good Day,

Engjell Berisha