Sign in to follow this  
Guest DeskPilot

Mark Beamont's Panel

Guest DeskPilot

Whenever I click Shift-3 to see the overhead in Mark Beamont's IFR DC-3 overhead panel I see a black area instead of the popup and shortly afterwards FSX closes with an error. I heard that others have had the same problem, but the overhead popup works properly for somebody who uses Vista. (I use XP). Does anyone have any ideas about getting the overhead to display properly? If not, I will comment it out since I have pressed Shift-3 a few times accidentally and it always ends my flight.Also, I tried to use the textures to hide the yoke, and apparently I see the shape of the yoke only on the faces of the instruments, the panel itself shows as if there is no yoke.Donald

Hello,Also, just to verify if Mark Beaumonts' IFR panel mods (dcamaam4.zip and dcamaam5.zip) are ok to put on the maam DC3 in FSX.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Any resolution to this problem yet? I have exactly the same thing happen Mark Beaumont's IFR panel as the first poster, also with windows XP and FSX Acceleration. Attempting to see the overhead panel causes the pop-up screen to go black and FSX locks up. The problem is with the R4D.gau according to the Microsoft "We're sorry . . . " dialogue box. Can Mark Beaumont shed any light on this? ThanksGary

As far as I know, there is no support for the ported over DC3 in FSX. This was intended and written for FS9 and supplemental files were made available for using in FSX.Eventually, MAAMsim has promised a full FSX model but my my reckoning, it's definately not on their list of priorities for now.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Dave is overstating it when he says we aren't supporting the FSX port-over. We certainly are, but in this particular issue, which has only been reported by a very few users, we have been unable the duplicate the issue to diagnose it, let alone correct it. In other words, it only happens on a few computers and we don't know what those machines or FS installations have in common.Dave is correct that we will eventually replace the current package with a native FSX DC-3, but we will certainly keep looking for answers to problems like this, and appreciate the help of any of our customers in solving this issue. In fact, if anyone can come up with the cause and fix, we'll try to recruit him to the team, and/or give him all present and future MAAM-SIM products, free!

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org