Sign in to follow this  
lkcdegooijer

FSX freezes randomly

I am experiencing the same issues. However the UIautomation.dll fix is just fix to a few of our problems. Its interesting that no one has mentioned if they are using DX10 preview. Could this be the issue? I am flying a long distance demo flight to see if I have any problems under DX9. I can tell you the problem happens over water, and at high altitude long distance flights. I received a CTD after requesting an altitude change after 10 hrs of a 12 hour flight. It seems like some error continues to build up until the sim crashes. I am still investigating how to read the BSOD event viewer. I really think that will provide an answer. Sorry for repeating the same things as other posts, but I just wanted to say you are not alone!

supporter.jpg

Guest gwinsk
I think I found a workaround!!!Via msconfig in Win 7 I limited my system to use only one processor core. I flew a test flight of 3 hours, and up to now no freeze. Before that, I never succeeded to fly so long without a freeze.

My newest error message. Very frustrating. Whats odd is that there is no faulting module. This error is after a 12+ hour flight from KSF0-VHHH. 30 miles from the airport @ 4500 ft.Log Name: ApplicationSource: Application ErrorDate: 6/21/2010 8:41:41 PMEvent ID: 1000Task Category: (100)Level: ErrorKeywords: ClassicUser: N/AComputer: Joseph-PCDescription:Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x216ca87cFaulting process id: 0x13f4Faulting application start time: 0x01cb1097e4f46549Faulting application path: J:\Flight\fsx.exeFaulting module path: unknownReport Id: 4e17f3c8-7d9f-11df-86b5-485b3931c454Event Xml:<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Application Error" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> <Level>2</Level> <Task>100</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-06-22T01:41:41.000000000Z" /> <EventRecordID>5602</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>Joseph-PC</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> <Data>fsx.exe</Data> <Data>10.0.61637.0</Data> <Data>46fadb14</Data> <Data>unknown</Data> <Data>0.0.0.0</Data> <Data>00000000</Data> <Data>c0000005</Data> <Data>216ca87c</Data> <Data>13f4</Data> <Data>01cb1097e4f46549</Data> <Data>J:\Flight\fsx.exe</Data> <Data>unknown</Data> <Data>4e17f3c8-7d9f-11df-86b5-485b3931c454</Data> </EventData></Event>

supporter.jpg

I feel pity for you joseph ..iv been facing this now for so many days...It is so frustating when you are about to land after a very long flight and your fsx freezes.i have the same issue as everyone here ....wondering when would a possible fixcome up .Surely this post would be "pinned" and the person who resolves it "finally" will be rewarded .

hey ..i tried keeping affinity - 12(read it somewhere) , which uses 2 and 3 core in quad cores ..I flew a 3hr long IFR flight after ages ...chk my sys config and this tweak , might be of any help to you all.good luck !!

I am experiencing the same issues. However the UIautomation.dll fix is just fix to a few of our problems. Its interesting that no one has mentioned if they are using DX10 preview. Could this be the issue? I am flying a long distance demo flight to see if I have any problems under DX9. I can tell you the problem happens over water, and at high altitude long distance flights. I received a CTD after requesting an altitude change after 10 hrs of a 12 hour flight. It seems like some error continues to build up until the sim crashes. I am still investigating how to read the BSOD event viewer. I really think that will provide an answer. Sorry for repeating the same things as other posts, but I just wanted to say you are not alone!
I am not using DX10 preview and have had it happen over land and water. The most recent was @3000 feet approaching Miami for landing runway 9. Prior to that it was over water around FL190 going to Nassau, Bahamas. I am scared as heck to even start up FSX again as I cant afford to lose my system. Hope a fix is foundBill

Guest firehawk44
My newest error message. Very frustrating. Whats odd is that there is no faulting module. This error is after a 12+ hour flight from KSF0-VHHH. 30 miles from the airport @ 4500 ft.Log Name: ApplicationSource: Application ErrorDate: 6/21/2010 8:41:41 PMEvent ID: 1000Task Category: (100)Level: ErrorKeywords: ClassicUser: N/AComputer: Joseph-PCDescription:Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x216ca87cFaulting process id: 0x13f4Faulting application start time: 0x01cb1097e4f46549Faulting application path: J:\Flight\fsx.exeFaulting module path: unknownReport Id: 4e17f3c8-7d9f-11df-86b5-485b3931c454Event Xml:<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Application Error" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> <Level>2</Level> <Task>100</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-06-22T01:41:41.000000000Z" /> <EventRecordID>5602</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>Joseph-PC</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> <Data>fsx.exe</Data> <Data>10.0.61637.0</Data> <Data>46fadb14</Data> <Data>unknown</Data> <Data>0.0.0.0</Data> <Data>00000000</Data> <Data>c0000005</Data> <Data>216ca87c</Data> <Data>13f4</Data> <Data>01cb1097e4f46549</Data> <Data>J:\Flight\fsx.exe</Data> <Data>unknown</Data> <Data>4e17f3c8-7d9f-11df-86b5-485b3931c454</Data> </EventData></Event>
FSX is not installed in the default directory and you obviously selected your own directory for installation (Drive J:\Flight\FSX.exe). This is okay but I have a feeling some addon you installed thinks FSX modules and/or addons are installed in the default directory and, when the texture file or scenery or module is being called up, it can't find it so FSX crashes. One way to find out what is actually happening is to run Process Monitor (a freeware program) in the background while FSX is running and then review process monitor after the crash and see what FSX was doing at the time.Best regards,Jim

Guest firehawk44
FSX is not installed in the default directory and you obviously selected your own directory for installation (Drive J:\Flight\FSX.exe). This is okay but I have a feeling some addon you installed thinks FSX modules and/or addons are installed in the default directory and, when the texture file or scenery or module is being called up, it can't find it so FSX crashes. One way to find out what is actually happening is to run Process Monitor (a freeware program) in the background while FSX is running and then review process monitor after the crash and see what FSX was doing at the time.Best regards,Jim
I might add that I get an Event ID 1000 occasionally too but the faulting module is ai_player.dll. FSX does not crash though. I think ai-player.dll is associated with a program I uninstalled that provided an AI Sound Environment from FlightOne software. It probably did not uninstall the lines they might have added in the AI aircraft.cfg. I have to do some further research to see for sure. Best regards,Jim

Hi Guys,Not sure if it helps, but here's an observation of mine...While having been plagued with the FSX freezes as described [Windows (7 64-bit) seems to continue running and the sound continues playing] since installing the game, I only *just* realized that FSX will sometimes resume after many minutes (10+ I'd say), having previously never had the patience to wait it out that long. I'd given up troubleshooting about a month or so ago and just use a temporary "bandaid" solution that seems to have an impact. While normally the freezes occur well into a flight, almost as if some timer is ticking away or some capacity is slowing being reached, 3 failed attempts to get past pre-flight of my PMDG MD-11 this morning (freezing while clicking away in the FMC) drove me back to Google searching and I found this thread. I have yet to try any of the suggested fixes.Getting to the point... my bandaid solution. I decided (read: uneducated guess) that the freezes were probably sound-related or relating to some inner workings of the hardware processing of sounds via the on-board sound card that are way above my expertise level - so for some time I've been flying around without sound. During climbout I'll disable FSX sounds (in-game via shortcut Q) and leave them off until I'm in descent for my destination. I've never had the game freeze while the sound has been disabled, and I very regularly fly flights well over 4 hours long, and often in excess of 8, and sometimes I max out the MD-11's range entirely.I'm not sure if this might be of any value to anyone, but it seems interesting.Computer Specs, Etc.ASUS Crosshair III Formula (with onboard SupremeFX X-Fi Audio Card), AMD Phenom II X4 965 (not overclocked), ATI Radeon HD5970CH Products Yoke/Pedals / Framerates capped internally to 30 / Only add-ons are airplanes and FSUIPC / DX10 Preview DisabledHIGHMEMFIX=1 / STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=2147483647 / ForceFullScreenVSync=1 / DisablePreload=1 / WideViewAspect=TrueTony Forum Lurker / Long Haul Flyer

Guest miguell

POSSIBLE SOLUTION??I've been having the same problem and would like to offer up yet another possible solution...I was typically having the 5-10 minute freeze twice per flight (although sometimes not at all).I decided to look through the windows event log to see if I could see anything happening which would correspond to the pauses (or temporary hangs).Anyway, I saw something called Application Experience Service, and the times at which it started and stopped seemed to coincide with my freezes.Some investigation indicated that this service is common to both vista and windows 7 and actually involves windows doing a database lookup for known application issues.I'm guessing FSX has quite a few entries in this database and the freezes might actually be as a result of windows trying to apply some sort of fix (or even just searching through all the FSX issues :) )?I've tried disabling this service (goto to start menu and type services in the command box) and so far (touch wood) have had some success.Because this problem is so intermittent I can't say if it is actually a fix or a coincidence. More testers would help to discover this.

Guest gwinsk
POSSIBLE SOLUTION??I've been having the same problem and would like to offer up yet another possible solution...I was typically having the 5-10 minute freeze twice per flight (although sometimes not at all).I decided to look through the windows event log to see if I could see anything happening which would correspond to the pauses (or temporary hangs).Anyway, I saw something called Application Experience Service, and the times at which it started and stopped seemed to coincide with my freezes.Some investigation indicated that this service is common to both vista and windows 7 and actually involves windows doing a database lookup for known application issues.I'm guessing FSX has quite a few entries in this database and the freezes might actually be as a result of windows trying to apply some sort of fix (or even just searching through all the FSX issues :) )?I've tried disabling this service (goto to start menu and type services in the command box) and so far (touch wood) have had some success.Because this problem is so intermittent I can't say if it is actually a fix or a coincidence. More testers would help to discover this.
Since adopting someone else's suggested workaround I've made about a dozen flights, without a single freeze; thank goodness!Switching from AffinityMask=7, my usual setting, to AffinityMask=1 has definitely done the trick for me. I use this seting for all my heavy metal flights, switching back to AffinityMask=7 for VFR flights over the UK's photoscenery. The "=1" setting probably reduces performance but the quality of the FSX Default scenery is probably so poor as not to become a significant factor.Gerry W

Hello,I have the same problem: FSX not responding up to 10 minutes... then continuing normallyMy system:AMD II X4 940 (4CPU ~ 3.0GHz)RAM: 4GBGeforce GTX280Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bitFSX + FSX ACC, REX, PMDG MD11, ASXI tried now also to disable Application Experience Service, lets see what will happen...

Hi Guys,Not sure if it helps, but here's an observation of mine...While having been plagued with the FSX freezes as described [Windows (7 64-bit) seems to continue running and the sound continues playing] since installing the game, I only *just* realized that FSX will sometimes resume after many minutes (10+ I'd say), having previously never had the patience to wait it out that long. I'd given up troubleshooting about a month or so ago and just use a temporary "bandaid" solution that seems to have an impact. While normally the freezes occur well into a flight, almost as if some timer is ticking away or some capacity is slowing being reached, 3 failed attempts to get past pre-flight of my PMDG MD-11 this morning (freezing while clicking away in the FMC) drove me back to Google searching and I found this thread. I have yet to try any of the suggested fixes.Getting to the point... my bandaid solution. I decided (read: uneducated guess) that the freezes were probably sound-related or relating to some inner workings of the hardware processing of sounds via the on-board sound card that are way above my expertise level - so for some time I've been flying around without sound. During climbout I'll disable FSX sounds (in-game via shortcut Q) and leave them off until I'm in descent for my destination. I've never had the game freeze while the sound has been disabled, and I very regularly fly flights well over 4 hours long, and often in excess of 8, and sometimes I max out the MD-11's range entirely.I'm not sure if this might be of any value to anyone, but it seems interesting.Computer Specs, Etc.ASUS Crosshair III Formula (with onboard SupremeFX X-Fi Audio Card), AMD Phenom II X4 965 (not overclocked), ATI Radeon HD5970CH Products Yoke/Pedals / Framerates capped internally to 30 / Only add-ons are airplanes and FSUIPC / DX10 Preview DisabledHIGHMEMFIX=1 / STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=2147483647 / ForceFullScreenVSync=1 / DisablePreload=1 / WideViewAspect=TrueTony Forum Lurker / Long Haul Flyer
Very interesting theory. I suspected the sound as an issue but thought it was my onboard mobo processing the sound causing the issue. Its interesting you can still hear sound in these freezes, and in some cases a buzzing before you get a BSOD. I really think you have something here Tony.

supporter.jpg