Sign in to follow this  
lkcdegooijer

FSX freezes randomly

The ENB MOD is a modification of the DirectX9 Engine which was released for GTA 4 San Andreas and some other games to improve Bloom effects and graphics in general.The ENB Mod is also available for the FSX and gives you - if you want to - the ability to improve the graphics to a specific style.If you search for it you will find enough information.

After getting saitek x52 pro, fsx usually freezes on the first blue startup screen. Once it made it to settings and I spent 15-20 minutes selecting all my favorite button setups, only to freeze as soon as i hit free flight on the menu. It installs driver real quick when I hook it up for the first time, but I went to saitek and got latest driver and sst. When I start to install driver it comes up with wizard and then stars installing....and just sticks at the installing please wait for 20+ mins. Please if anyone can think of any possible way to get it working id be so very greatefull!!! Thanks

Hello,I have recently installed FSX including SP2 and PMDG's 737NGX.The flight freezes up and stops responding usually within 30 minutes of a flight using a flight plan. The sound continues, but it does not accept any inputs and the scenary and instruments stop changing & responding. During the 30 minutes, the auto-pilot seems slow to engage and the A/T does not seem to respond to selected speeds selected. I have attached a USB control column yoke and rudder pedals which are not used during climb out and cruising flight. Any Ideas? Thank you in advance. Gamer Paladin E860 X 1Processor(Intel® Core™ i7-2600K Processor (4x 3.40GHz/8MB L3 Cache)) Processor Cooling(Liquid CPU Cooling System [sOCKET-1155] - [Free Upgrade] Standard 120mm Fan) Memory(16 GB [4 GB X4] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand) Video Card(NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 - 1.5GB - EVGA Superclocked - Core: 797MHz - Single Card) Motherboard(ASUS P8P67 LE) Power Supply(750 Watt -- Thermaltake TR2 TRX-750M - FREE Upgrade to Thermaltake 850 Watt) Primary Hard Drive(1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive) Sound Card(3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard) Operating System(Microsoft Windows 7 Professional + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel) - 64-bit)

well after reading this whole post and not seeing that no one has actully found a fix I am convinced it is a sound issue, something conflicting with a file or driver. Heres my situation.first of all fsx had run great for me for over a year up untill the following happened. ok first of all, I have majic jack on my system (I hate it). well Majic jack was messing up for a long time, like sometimes it wouldnt work, sometimes it would and when it did you could only talk by the computer couse the conversation would beplayed over the speakers of the computer and my GF hated that ,she could not go to another area of the house to talk. Well like I said I never fixed it so she took it upon herself to fix it. So she called majic jack support they told her to do something in the system and every sence then fsx has been freezing, and i was flying the PMDG NGX without any problems what so ever and I run alot of programs with fsx (to name a few SB, airhauler, ezdoc, ASE,track IR, I fly vatsim 100% of the time). So after she made whatever changes majic support told her to do SB started messing up, i had no sound what so ever through SB, I had FSX sound but no SB sounds, so after getting mad (couse I'm getting sick of tweaking fsx to get it to run right couse i had it running perfect). I asked her what she did and of course she could not tell me where they had her. She knows she was in the device manager and after that she has no idea. so after trying to figger it out on my own, setting sound settings back to defalt with no luck fsx still freezing, majic works good, SB no sound. A controller over vatsim and i finally figgered out that if i pluged in my headphone plug into my computer (my headphone that i use has 2 plugs 1 for mic and 1 for speakers for ears) I could here him, I had SB sounds back, so Im thinking great im back in action, not right but it works, but far from true. Thats when the freezing started, SB would have sounds then all of a sudden not work with the no sound thing, unplug the headphone plug and SB would start working again then half way through the flight fsx would just freeze and die. One time i did get fsx back after shuting off all my other addons and it did come back but that was only one time. Also after her change i notice the fsx's fps would drop a lot only for a split second then come back up this would happen every 5 to 10 seconds where as before her change fsx was smooth as silk at a consistent 30 fps no problems. so anyway i am convinced it is a sound conflicting issue. This has only been happening for a week or so it is still messed up, Ive tryed uninstalling SB reinstall SB still problems, I could get rid of stupid majic jack but i would here the wrath of the significant other, and that wrath goes on for days and days and that is something i dont fell like listing too and after writing the post i thought to myself just reinstall the realtek sound drivers which I will try. so anyway too some it all up and after reading this hole post, sound, I have seen a couple of you guys mention sound for maybe a problem, I truly belive that is the right track for the freezing issues. I am gonna try to uninstall my sound drivers and reinstall them to see if that works, wish me luck, and if u guys have found the fix PLEASE post it. FSX SP2windows 7 64bitrealtek onboard sound2 harddrives, fsx on no#2intel I7 950 if there are any questions or something not understude please ask Larry N798LJ

Guest firehawk44
Hello,I have recently installed FSX including SP2 and PMDG's 737NGX.The flight freezes up and stops responding usually within 30 minutes of a flight using a flight plan. The sound continues, but it does not accept any inputs and the scenary and instruments stop changing & responding. During the 30 minutes, the auto-pilot seems slow to engage and the A/T does not seem to respond to selected speeds selected. I have attached a USB control column yoke and rudder pedals which are not used during climb out and cruising flight. Any Ideas? Thank you in advance. Gamer Paladin E860 X 1Processor(Intel® Core™ i7-2600K Processor (4x 3.40GHz/8MB L3 Cache))Processor Cooling(Liquid CPU Cooling System [sOCKET-1155] - [Free Upgrade] Standard 120mm Fan)Memory(16 GB [4 GB X4] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand)Video Card(NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 - 1.5GB - EVGA Superclocked - Core: 797MHz - Single Card)Motherboard(ASUS P8P67 LE)Power Supply(750 Watt -- Thermaltake TR2 TRX-750M - FREE Upgrade to Thermaltake 850 Watt)Primary Hard Drive(1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive)Sound Card(3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard)Operating System(Microsoft Windows 7 Professional + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel) - 64-bit)
There is something wrong with your settings in the bios. Did you do any adjustments to the bios? Your symptoms indicate something is wrong with your memory timings. Have you done a Windows Memory Diagnostic? Have you ran any stability program such as Prime 95 or the Intel Burn Test V2? Memory issues are the cause of the freeze you are experiencing. Best regards,Jim

Greetings, all, I too sadly have the freezies at altitude. MB: ASUS M4N98TD EVOCPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition 3.3 GHzRAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 4 x 4 GBSound card: Creative X-Fi Titanium HDVideo: ASUS GeForce 560 Ti (Fermi) OC 900 MHz DirectCU IIHD: System on 250 GB, FSX on 3 TB, archive 1 TB diskOS: Win 7 64-lousy-bit-edition So I built this computer specifically to run FSX like gangbusters. And it flies pretty nicely - until I get her up to altitude. Then, BOOM - instruments and all graphics freeze, no response. Sound continues as normal (as in a loop - tried pressing buttons that had sounds attached, but she wasn't responding.) Seems always to happen at high altitudes. I have to Task Manager it, and it of course unhelpfully says that FSX is "Not Responding". Event Viewer gives the classic "Event ID 101, 1002" error, and I go down and read the log and it says "Unknown..." in the hex to text entry. I had freezing before, but then I found my CPU cooler was loose and had an air gap in there... now it merely takes longer to freeze. Max temp before was a frightening 72 C, but now the highest it ever gets is 52 C using ASUS PC Probe II. So I thought I had ruled thermal issues out. GPU temp never gets over 45 or 46 C, monitored with their SmartDoctor technology and by ramping up the card's fans' speed. I've tried the UIAutomationCore.dll (Vista 32-bit) fix and every affinity mask setting you can think of. nVidia drivers installed 280.26, I think, newest available on their site. Newest sound card driver for the X-Fi Titanium, too (albeit in 2010, sheesh, old driver) Have not updated BIOS, however. That might be next on my list to try. I have FSX + SP1 + Acceleration installed, and also REX Overdrive (but it doesn't matter if I have REX running or not). Any opinions? I've ran stress tests on the CPU and RAM, specifically Prime95 and 3dMark11.

Everyone, thank you for the suggestions and experiences. I may have figured out how to solve my freeze ups. I flew a flight from takeoff to landing with a freeze up from MKE to MCI using the PMDG 737NGX. My hardware/software stats are mentioned above. I tried first by taking ownership and renaming Uiautomationcore.dll and re-booting which did not prevent the freeze up from occuring again. I then disabled the sound device which disabled the audio ATC voices and sounds of the cockpit and I at the same time ran FSX in Windows XP/SP3 compatability mode. So, I am not sure if it was the sound device disabled or running FSX which apparently helped prevent the freeze up from occuring. I need to run some more tests to make sure. I hope I just need to run FSX in XP mode as the Admin. I did check the memory with Intel Burn Test V2 and everything checked okay after running these tests.-Monzo

Hi guys! I just want to share my experience with this freeze issue.I sometimes run ATC voices through my usb headset to hear the voices more clearly, but when i started to fly some longer high altitude routes i got the freeze problems.my solution was to use only one sound device for fsx. regardsBjørn E.

Gentlemen, I feel your agony, as I too unfortunately suffer from these aggravating and inexplicable crashes. After having carefully read this thread in its entirety, it appears as though my particular problem does differ slightly from the one which is recurrent throughout. It began about a month ago after I unwisely permitted Best Buy to work on my rig for virus repair/restoration issues. Prior to that, I had been enjoying fsx nearly without incident for about 2 years. When I got the machine back, I noticed that typically after about 1-2 hours of flight time, my screen would just freeze. The program would be completely unresponsive to any inputs and the freeze would affect all visual rendering, yet the ambient/background sound would continue. One month later and after innumerable attempts to solve this problem (4 reinstallations of fsx alone), it persists. Others have mentioned the frame rate adjustment having bearing on it, but in my experience this has no discernable impact. With my particular rendition of this issue, the game doesn't appear to reset or continue after a delay, but rather it is perpetually stuck in the frozen limbo. I have to access task manager to shut down fsx. Furthermore, a tracking program I use in tandem with fsx is also unresponsive after the freeze occurs. I have Win 7, 64 bit, 6 gigs ram, quad core and a Radeon 5800 HD card. I'm thinking this is a graphics issue, as lessening the cloud draw has seemed to reduce the incidence of this problem. Finally, unlike the majority of those here, for me the issue manifests at much more regular intervals say, every 2-3 hours and occasionally even more often than that. Obviously, it is hugely detrimental to my enjoyment of fsx, as I'm sure it is with you all. To reiterate what someone else has already stated; if anyone out there has found a solution, please share it and deliver us all from this horrid blight.

Guest firehawk44
Gentlemen, I feel your agony, as I too unfortunately suffer from these aggravating and inexplicable crashes. After having carefully read this thread in its entirety, it appears as though my particular problem does differ slightly from the one which is recurrent throughout. It began about a month ago after I unwisely permitted Best Buy to work on my rig for virus repair/restoration issues. Prior to that, I had been enjoying fsx nearly without incident for about 2 years. When I got the machine back, I noticed that typically after about 1-2 hours of flight time, my screen would just freeze. The program would be completely unresponsive to any inputs and the freeze would affect all visual rendering, yet the ambient/background sound would continue. One month later and after innumerable attempts to solve this problem (4 reinstallations of fsx alone), it persists. Others have mentioned the frame rate adjustment having bearing on it, but in my experience this has no discernable impact. With my particular rendition of this issue, the game doesn't appear to reset or continue after a delay, but rather it is perpetually stuck in the frozen limbo. I have to access task manager to shut down fsx. Furthermore, a tracking program I use in tandem with fsx is also unresponsive after the freeze occurs. I have Win 7, 64 bit, 6 gigs ram, quad core and a Radeon 5800 HD card. I'm thinking this is a graphics issue, as lessening the cloud draw has seemed to reduce the incidence of this problem. Finally, unlike the majority of those here, for me the issue manifests at much more regular intervals say, every 2-3 hours and occasionally even more often than that. Obviously, it is hugely detrimental to my enjoyment of fsx, as I'm sure it is with you all. To reiterate what someone else has already stated; if anyone out there has found a solution, please share it and deliver us all from this horrid blight.
The description of your crashes are basically BSOD's as your system is rendered useless until you hit the reset button. I have suffered your type of crash as well as just CTD's. In my case my system was overheating, or the memory voltages in the bios were set too high or too low, or CPU voltages were set too high. The fact you reinstalled FSX several times and still suffer crashes indicates to me you have a computer system problem with voltages set too high or too low or the memory timings are incorrect. I think this is one of the hardest things to adjust even for the computer professional. I thought I had a stable system until I ran FSX. I ran Prime95 tests and the Intel Burn tests, the Windows Memory diagnostic tests, etc., etc., and the system was considered stable because I was able to pass each test. When do I get these crashes? They happen when I'm flying a commercial aircraft, like iFly or PMDG, in severe weather conditions, and in commercial scenery like MegaSceneryX and FS Dreamteam airports. Perhaps FSX was not developed and programmed to handle this type of scenario but it occasionally occurs and I get frustrated as I just flew a beautiful flight from one location and I'm getting ready to land in another and FSX crashes. Very frustrating. But I think if you can correctly adjust your memory timings and/or voltages, and make sure your CPU voltages are set properly, you should be able to run FSX 90% of the time without an issue. Best regards,Jim

Jim, thank you for your insightful and helpful comment. I never thought the problem could have derived from a hardware type issue, but what you say is very sensible. I lack the technical expertise to make the types of adjustments which you speak of however. I have been told by various people familiar with my particular problem the best option in terms of guarenteeing restoration of fsx to full functionality would be to just reformat windows. I should mention that I do not experience freezing with other graphically intensive games (Rome and Empire Total War), and that is why I suspected this was related to some anamoly in fsx. Thanks for your assistance.

Suffice to say that thousands of words have been written about the subject of FSX freezing Randomly! It has taken me 18 months to find a solution including about 15 months corresponding with Microsoft without success. I even considered replacing my 6 year old 32bit, P4 - 3.2 PC, but I'm glad that I didn't! I found the solution, installed it, ran FSX ok, removed it and FSX, and reinstalled FSX and the same problem appeared again! I then reinstalled the solution or 'Fix', and I have been enjoying many hours with FSX trouble free! So, here is where I found the 'Fix'.....http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=uiatomationcore&categoryyld Here is the 'Fix',....http://simviation.com/1/download-file?file=FSX_fix.zip&fileld=5112 Here are my comments to Microsoft......http://205.252.250.2...=1310153984/0#7 Even after finding the solution, I've often to see others continue down the road of great expense of replacing hardware etc.!!! I guess people will only see what they want to see and will do what they want to do, no matter what! Thanks and enjoy FSX.......as I now do!

Edited by Koanchi

Guest firehawk44
Suffice to say that thousands of words have been written about the subject of FSX freezing Randomly! It has taken me 18 months to find a solution including about 15 months corresponding with Microsoft without success. I even considered replacing my 6 year old 32bit, P4 - 3.2 PC, but I'm glad that I didn't! I found the solution, installed it, ran FSX ok, removed it and FSX, and reinstalled FSX and the same problem appeared again! I then reinstalled the solution or 'Fix', and I have been enjoying many hours with FSX trouble free! So, here is where I found the 'Fix'.....http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=uiatomationcore&categoryyld Here is the 'Fix',....http://simviation.com/1/download-file?file=FSX_fix.zip&fileld=5112 Here are my comments to Microsoft......http://205.252.250.2...=1310153984/0#7 Even after finding the solution, I've often to see others continue down the road of great expense of replacing hardware etc.!!! I guess people will only see what they want to see and will do what they want to do, no matter what! Thanks and enjoy FSX.......as I now do!
LOL! That is definitely NOT the fix for everyone. But thanks for submitting another "solution" for flight simmers. The uiautomationcore.dll belongs to dotnet. Putting the Vista version in your FSX main directory may help as maybe somehow for some reason a developer set up their software program using the Vista version but I doubt it as the latest version should be backward compatible. If it works for you though, go for it! It did not for me and hundreds of other flight simmers who have reported they did the "fix" you suggested and they still get crashes. What is puzzling to me though is why it works for some but does not work for all even with similar computer systems. Maybe it's like a placebo doctors give patients to make them think the medication is really working. Whatever, glad to hear you are enjoying FSX.

Guest firehawk44
Jim, thank you for your insightful and helpful comment. I never thought the problem could have derived from a hardware type issue, but what you say is very sensible. I lack the technical expertise to make the types of adjustments which you speak of however. I have been told by various people familiar with my particular problem the best option in terms of guarenteeing restoration of fsx to full functionality would be to just reformat windows. I should mention that I do not experience freezing with other graphically intensive games (Rome and Empire Total War), and that is why I suspected this was related to some anamoly in fsx. Thanks for your assistance.
Thanks. I have also heard about heard about other games not crashing. Like I stated, perhaps FSX was not developed or programmed properly and that's causing the crashes when a .dll or module is being called into action. I do know having your sliders set too high will bring down the best of computer systems eventually, especially when on long flights (chances of more overheating issues). I don't know how reformatting your harddrive and reinstalling Windows will fix this issue though. If there was a problem with Windows, your other graphically intensive games should be crashing too. Best regards,Jim

Jim, you're very right about the sliders having significant bearing on performance, with even high end machines such as mine. I know for me the cloud draw distance appears to have a dramatic effect on the frequency of the freezes I have experiences, and likewise, the frame rate has an impact as well. I might have solved my particular problem last night actually; after a month of contending with this nonsense. With me, since this all derived from a reinstallation of the game as a consequence of what I wrongly interpreted as performance issues that has resulted from an ineffective virus repair/restoration, the real fundamental and underlying issue was whether my reinstallation was a causative factor in this. It turns out that it possibly was. I had been imprudently attempting to transplant various game modifications the quick and dirty way by just copying and pasting folders and files into the fsx main directory. Obviously this was risky and foolish in terms of its potential for causing subsequent compatibility issues. I'm not entirely certain that this was the root cause of my problem, but after having completed a DTW to RKSI long-haul in conjunction with an ACARS program and without any incident, I'm inclined to think it may have been. Thanks again for your continuing help and I will be sure to return here in the next few days and post my findings after more test flights.