Sign in to follow this  
Speedbird103

Addons for FSX for christmas this year

Anyone know of a good one? I've heared that PMDG 747 is great and that My Traffic 2010 is ment to be huge. But ur the experts!
You seem to have an interest in airline ops and flying, but if you have any broader interest, the RealAir Duke is the best GA add-on I feel I've ever installed and worth every penny. It works great in FSX and as a high performance twin can handle most flights in the 100-500 mile range. I love flying it between city pairs such as London-Zurich, or Paris-Frankfurt, or Los Angeles-San Francisco. I haven't got it, but I suspect Eaglesoft's new version of the Citation X might be worthwhile if you like being immersed in systems while flying at Mach .9+. My general experience with Eaglesoft is if they are going to do a project, they are going to do it as best as they can.Regards,John

PMDG MD-11.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Thanks John i'll look into it thanks. I already have 757 CaptainWorld Of AIIm looking for a long-haul jet (except PMDG 747)Thanks
Level-D 767 is my all-time favorite. A few updates and mods in the members download area make the sim most unforgettable.Regards,Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

Anyone know of a good one? I've heared that PMDG 747 is great and that My Traffic 2010 is ment to be huge. But ur the experts!
Get your Aerosoft/PMDG B747X Box for only $29.99 at Best Buy (USA).....I didDarryl

Level-D 767 is my all-time favorite. A few updates and mods in the members download area make the sim most unforgettable.Regards,Robert
Can u get the level d 767 boxed not just download from their site?
Get your Aerosoft/PMDG B747X Box for only $29.99 at Best Buy (USA).....I didDarryl
Its not Vista comp well at least i dont think thanks anyway

Can u get the level d 767 boxed not just download from their site?Its not Vista comp well at least i dont think thanks anyway
As far as I know the Level-D 767 is download only. Level-D is due to release their long-awaited 757 which will be a "must have." They have been working on it for a few years... the 767 was released in July of '06 so my gut feeling is they will release the 757 by the end of the year, I could be wrong though. Make sure to visit their forum to get latest patch and upgrade info (pinned topic), simple to do just follow the instructions.PMDG 747, MD-11 and their new JS41 are all excellent aircraft.All run extremely well on Vista64 and if you can afford it I would not hesitate to buy them all.Best,Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

I'd also suggest the MD-11. It's very easy to deal with, especially if you use the full automatics. I prefer it to the same company's 747, which is heavier on framerates. The LDS 767 is also good, but slightly more dated. Of course, the world awaits a comparable Airbus product. I was really hoping that the Airsimmer A320 would be available by Xmas, but that looks increasingly unlikely. And it's the FS9 one that will be released first in any case. Then perhaps we'll see a decent A330 and A340. Who knows..Ian

As far as I know the Level-D 767 is download only. Level-D is due to release their long-awaited 757 which will be a "must have." They have been working on it for a few years... the 767 was released in July of '06 so my gut feeling is they will release the 757 by the end of the year, I could be wrong though. Make sure to visit their forum to get latest patch and upgrade info (pinned topic), simple to do just follow the instructions.PMDG 747, MD-11 and their new JS41 are all excellent aircraft.All run extremely well on Vista64 and if you can afford it I would not hesitate to buy them all.Best,Robert
Ok thanksthanks to you all for all of ur sugestions, im now reading loads of reviews thanks once again Any new release please could u let me knowDont forget to check out my you tube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Speedbird103

Ok thanksthanks to you all for all of ur sugestions, im now reading loads of reviews thanks once again Any new release please could u let me knowDont forget to check out my you tube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Speedbird103
The MD-11 imho is the best airline release for FSX. Absolutely love it. I also own the Captain Sim 767, PDMG 747, PMDG BAE and the Ariane 737 900ER. I keep hearing the Real Air Duke is fantastic. I may pick this addon up this weekend.

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

The MD-11 imho is the best airline release for FSX. Absolutely love it. I also own the Captain Sim 767, PDMG 747, PMDG BAE and the Ariane 737 900ER. I keep hearing the Real Air Duke is fantastic. I may pick this addon up this weekend.
If you are interested in military aircraft Vertical Reality Simulations is going to release their F/A-18E Superbug for FSX soon. http://vrsimulations.com/

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Is the Ariane worth its hefty price tag64 days to go
If you are interested in military aircraft Vertical Reality Simulations is going to release their F/A-18E Superbug for FSX soon. http://vrsimulations.com/
cool thanksU know u guys are much more helpfull than the guys over at flightsim.comThey see my age then ingore me!!

Is the Ariane worth its hefty price tag64 days to gocool thanksU know u guys are much more helpfull than the guys over at flightsim.comThey see my age then ingore me!!
Ariane at least in my opinion is not quite there yet. They are close. Their activation process has been interesting for some even though I recently re-activated mine in less than 12 hours. They have a VERY nice aircraft but you can't get navigraph updates for it yet. The liveries are all payware so you have to spend some money just to add that alaskan airline skin you always wanted. The aircraft is flyable from the VC and out of all the payware airlines I own, I actually get the best VC performance with the Ariane. But....The little things that PMDG did like being able to get liveries for free and they are all packaged in an installer. Their FMC is wonderfull where you can initiate refueling and pushback. I have the latest navigraph updates installed so all my SIDS and stars are updated. The systems modelling is fantastic. The model comes with wingflex and the aircraft flies like one would expect(I am not a real world pilot). They added a bunch of little things that really make the MD-11 worth the money.

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png