Sign in to follow this  
Speedbird103

Addons for FSX for christmas this year

I love all the FSdreamTeam Airports, great add on if you have a good PC!+1 for the Level-D 767.Other favorites are REX and MegasceneryX

Got many of the aerosoft airports and they are great. Also, REXv2 is fantastic and really transforms the environment to the next level. As far as aircraft go, My favorites are Level-D 767, PMDG MD-11, and PMDG 747. Another great aircraft for short to medium hauls is the Flight1 Coolsky Super 80. In fact, the Super 80 probably has the best frame rates of any of the aircraft in my hangar. There are two version, the pro being the one with the FMC etc. Another great aircraft for short hauls is the Fokker 70/100 from digital aviation, with great systems detail.

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Got many of the aerosoft airports and they are great. Also, REXv2 is fantastic and really transforms the environment to the next level. As far as aircraft go, My favorites are Level-D 767, PMDG MD-11, and PMDG 747. Another great aircraft for short to medium hauls is the Flight1 Coolsky Super 80. In fact, the Super 80 probably has the best frame rates of any of the aircraft in my hangar. There are two version, the pro being the one with the FMC etc. Another great aircraft for short hauls is the Fokker 70/100 from digital aviation, with great systems detail.
I agree. If you don't have REX, this is a MUST have for FSX. It really changes everything :)

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

Guest jshyluk

Don't forget hardware! A TrackIR is pretty awesome. Rudder pedals are also great. High performance add-ons are really only as good as your controllers!Jeff ShylukSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Lately I have mainly bought aircraft (I guess no scenery has caught my interest for some reason) but I have liked the PMDG JS41, Real Air Duke, and Aerosoft Discus.scott s..

REX and FSceneX don't do quite different things, for all I can remember. REX is definitely worth the money. One of the greatest addons I ever bought!Anyway, the PMDG J41 is great, and I can recommend the CS727 if you are into that kind of plane and can't be bothered by mistakes in system simulation (though honestly, CS is really trying to make everything better in my opinion. They really try now to release the best products they can make, and with regular updates, stuff is fixed sooner and it all just works). I myself just purchased the PMDG 747, even though I swore I'd never get it. However, with Bestbuy offering it for $30, I just had to...Ariane planes are very good. I own the FS9 737-700, and I like it. To be honest though, I haven't flown it much, and now that I'm more and more beginning to move over to FSX, I less and less want to be bothered with FS9. Therefore, I hardly fly the Ariane 737 anymore that I have. In the end I'll get a 737-800 from them, but it appears Ariane is at work with the 737-700X3: a new generation of their 737 series that proves to be quite good, with even friendlier models for FPS, a nav database editor, and Navigraph support seems to be coming too. So, lots of good things in store for Ariane! For that reason, you might want to wait with buying from Ariane until they release their 737-700X3...I don't know the PMDG MD-11; I never liked that airplane type. I love the L-1011 Tristar, but DC-10 and MD-11 have never really attracted me. the MD-80 is a great plane though. I'm planning to buy the Leonardo MD-80 in november (not yet, still waiting for my salary), because for all I know, it should have the realism of the J41. And because it's an older plane, it's one of those planes that, combined with the J41's type of realism, is absolutely great while flying. You have to keep an eye on the instruments, and especially the EGT shouldn't rise too high! It's defintely a plane I will be getting.If you are into smaller planes, I can recommend the Wilco 737 PIC. The VC isn't that great (but there is a complete passenger cabin modelled), but the system simulation is very good, and I generally love that era of planes. It's all pretty computerized, but not so much that the plane can fly itself.I in the end will also buy the CS767, but I'm hopin they have one of those crazy new year's sales again, when everything is only

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

HelloI found this on the MyTraffic support forumDear friends, this post hopefully gives some clarification about what is going to come with MyTraffic over the next foreseeable future, as long as FSX is the only serious flight simulator around.Let me begin with where we are today.You know that MyTraffic is published since many years by two publishers. Simmarket publishes the version that you can purchase from Simmarket, it is either a download or if you wish put onto a DVD for you by Simmarket, you get support here, and Simmarket infrastructure gives you access to updates, patches, rebates on new versions you purchase from Simmarket. The actual version is MyTraffic X 5.2a, the next incremental update to 5.2b is under work, scheduled for this autumn, just a few last things missing. The second publisher is Aerosoft, their version is based on mostly the same models, paints, airport and schedules, but different due to different installation policies, different media, different support infrastructure. You typically buy it on a DVD in a store, but by download from Aerosoft now too, support is done by Aerosoft staff on the Aerosoft forums, updates you get through the Aerosoft support infrastructure. Up to now, the Aerosoft versions used the same names, and this led to some confusion.Now a simple given fact is that any media ( Music DVDs, books, software ) that are sold over the big consumer markets are deleted from their registration after three years. After two years, most of them don't order again, after three years, they send back anything left over and delete the registration. You cannot register the same name again, even not with a new version number. So if MyTraffic for FSX shall continue to be available over the consumer markets, a new name was needed, and the obvious choice of a name now is MyTraffic 2010 instead of MyTraffic X. So Aerosoft must change the name - and I only had to decide how to deal with this given fact best.I understand this as a chance to end the confusion about two different products having the same name, so in future Aerosoft will use the name MyTraffic2010, and Simmarket will use the Name MyTrafficX - and this gives us the chance to differentiate the product further. So future products will no longer carry the same version numbers, and update dates will not be necessarily synchronated. And once this was decided, of course the question was: How should MyTraffic 2010 look like, what is the typical market of the Aerosoft products, and of the Simmarket products, etc. I spent quite a while on the different forums to get as much answers to this as possible. Since it was clear to me that it would fool the user to just relable MyTraffic X 5.2a to MyTraffic 2010 1.0.I also looked into all the reviews I found about MyTraffic X, which all are very positive, with an overall agreement that MyTraffic has got too complicated for many users. And to be honest this is true, MyTraffic has grown beyond anything I could imagine a few years ago in quality, quantity, performance, options, possibilies and complexity, a complexity that allows professional users to do everything - and requires they study the SDK documentation every day. MyTraffic has the size and complexity of an operating system by now, fortunately we never had a MyTraffic Vista debacle icon_lol.gif .So one of the design decisions for MyTraffic 2010 was not only the obvious one to use everything that could be finished until the release date given by the store chains, but also to simplify it. For a product that carries the name 2010, I think the user can expect that it only contains aircraft built after FSX SP2 release that work properly under Direct X 10 - even if that means that it will contain less models. I could make a Tornado, a Typhoon and a Transall still, important for the European market, but most USAF aircraft still have to be made for DX10 as example. This also means that the time machine has to be strongly cut down, since the models that are Time machine only by now ( Tristar, Caravelle, DC6, CV440 ... ) won't be redone until late next year. On the other hand we don't need the complexity of DX9 schedules vs DX10 schedules, and Aerosoft support does not need to help its users to find out if they actually use DX10 or DX9...I think that MyTraffic 2010 1.0 has got a very good product, optimized for the main stream market. It contains the giant airliner traffic from MyTraffic 5.2a, existing and new GA models, existing and new military aircaft, improved schedules, is usable with far less options and complexity, but experienced uses can use the MyTraffic editor and the network plans etc to program their traffic themselves. MyTraffic X version 5.2b will contain all those new planes, plus the paints you saw here the last weeks, plus the new C130 Hercules that is the last not yet finished part of it, will keep the DX9 planes to be replaced later, will keep the different schedule sets, and all of its options and complexity, so is more oriented to the professional user - and I will add the word professional to its name to clearly signal that we want to get a positive service to the wide range of users we have by having a better differentiation.If you still have more questions about the differences between MyTraffic X and MyTraffic 2010, don't hesitate to ask in the forum.Is this all? No. From feedback I got there is a class of users who want a still simpler product. Simple install and uninstall, a choice of airliners around them at the major airports they fly to in North America and Europe, and no more complexity than just to have to set the traffic density using the sliders in FSX. Install and forget. Cheap to mainly replace the legavy AI packages like PAI, WOAI etc. Currently I'm testing such a product, based on about 500 paints on 60 models on can fully cover the above description. Of course, such a product can be made far cheaper than the complex full MyTraffic, and this product will have the name "MyTraffic X lite". The response I had from testers of such a product was that the only way to distinguish it from UT2 where the high frame rates and the reflections on the models icon_biggrin.gif . If you still have more questions about MyTraffic X Lite, or proposals for it, don't hesitate to post.

Perhaps easiest of all on framerate/performance may be F1/Coolsky's Super MD-80 Pro. This bird is delightly easy to process on Vista 64, offers some nice automation, is missing cabin artwork, but has ultra HD repaints by Mcphat Studios, and it is my aircraft of choice for shorter to medium flights. I know the MD-11 comes highly recommended, and I have 3 PMDG birds in FS9 (haven't used FS9 in over a year), but I am holding out for the LD 757 for my next plane, as I do love flying in real 757's.Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Mad dog: Thanks! That clarifies a lot.And yes indeed, the LDS757 is also something to look out for! I nearly forgot about it alltogether, but I have the eeling it might tak a while for it to be released. We shall see.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I heared a romour that PMDG will make a 777 after the release of 737NG anyone heared anything like that. I already have 757 captain so wont be getting LD757 thanks anyway.P.S Anyone know if any developer is making or going to be making the 747-800 any time soon next year maybe?

Ariane at least in my opinion is not quite there yet. They are close. Their activation process has been interesting for some even though I recently re-activated mine in less than 12 hours. They have a VERY nice aircraft but you can't get navigraph updates for it yet. The liveries are all payware so you have to spend some money just to add that alaskan airline skin you always wanted. The aircraft is flyable from the VC and out of all the payware airlines I own, I actually get the best VC performance with the Ariane. But....The little things that PMDG did like being able to get liveries for free and they are all packaged in an installer. Their FMC is wonderfull where you can initiate refueling and pushback. I have the latest navigraph updates installed so all my SIDS and stars are updated. The systems modelling is fantastic. The model comes with wingflex and the aircraft flies like one would expect(I am not a real world pilot). They added a bunch of little things that really make the MD-11 worth the money.
So why is the Ariane 737 not there yet?, is just the cost and the lack of Navigraph updates or is there something else? I am curious because I have read good things about the Ariane (good model, very good fps) but there doesn't seem to be a full community endorsement like i.e. the Real Air Duke or the Flight1 Mustang.

Oh it's there, but it's hidden. Upon purchase you get a link to the support forum, and there's a very nice community over there, that is always willing to help you out.

Benjamin van Soldt