Sign in to follow this  
Sarge27

Copilot Pro

I've been looking at buying this...if nothing else, it seems like a quick easy source for approach plates and a moving map. Does anyone have any experience with this? Whaddaya' think?http://www.abacuspub.com/catalog/s715frame.htm
HelloAs a planner it is beyond bad, the plans are only usable in the bundled GPSI use it for plates only and it does this fine

I love it, but mostly for the EZ-GPS. That alone is worth the purchase price. Has everything from autopilot to radar altimeter built in. Much easier to use than the GPS units modeled in FS. Bob

Guest WarpAir

Dont waste time with CoPilot Pro, i had it, installed it, and then deleted it from my PC.FScommander is a million times better

Guest Longyear

If it's Abacus, it's never going to be more than a basic, 'lite', kids version of a real function.Sorry but it's true - if you want realism and qualit, Abacus is not a brand you go to.I agree that FSCommander is incomparably good next to Abacus Co-Pilot.Davido.

Guest WarpAir

TRY BEFORE YOU BUY IS A MUST FOR ALL ABACUS PRODUCTS, Abacus trick only works on new simmers, i hear they have some good products though, but enough bad one's to damage the reputation of the company.I got abacus selection of small business jets a while back, and the VC of some of the planes looked like a nursery schoool art project, where there wasnt enough crayons to ground the class.Dont go to Abacus for anything,

TRY BEFORE YOU BUY IS A MUST FOR ALL ABACUS PRODUCTS, Abacus trick only works on new simmers, i hear they have some good products though, but enough bad one's to damage the reputation of the company.I got abacus selection of small business jets a while back, and the VC of some of the planes looked like a nursery schoool art project, where there wasnt enough crayons to ground the class.Dont go to Abacus for anything,
HelloI wonder how they tricked all the developers into using FSDS, so those Devs could fill up the Avsim library with nice Aircraft for us.Probably the most important piece of software that helped this hobby develop as far as it has.

HelloI wonder how they tricked all the developers into using FSDS, so those Devs could fill up the Avsim library with nice Aircraft for us.Probably the most important piece of software that helped this hobby develop as far as it has.
You mean like many of the highly praised Rick Piper offerings? FSDS, VASS, and FS Repaint are all fantastic products from Abacus that I use regularly. I will agree that there aircraft leave much to be desired - to put it nicely, but what makes CoPilot Pro worthy or not of my sim allowance? It's become fashionable to bash Abacus, but what about this specific offering is or is not suitable of my hard drive space?