Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Some General Updates

While I sypmathize with the FS9ers out there, people have to remember that PMDG is a business. I have both FS9 and FSX installed on my machine, but my only reason for FS9 is the PMDG 737NG. I too had an old machine and tons of $$$ spent on FS9 add-ons. I decided that I would be patient and save up some money to upgrade my machine. My two reasons for doing so was being able to run FSX and because my operating system was old. So I too was in the shoes of many current FS9ers and I feel what they are saying, but sometimes we have to put our feelings aside and think about things as if we owned a business. PMDG is in the business of selling a product and and their goal is to maximize their customer base. (Look at their new retail stratagy) Why spend thousands of hours developing a product that only a few hundred FS9ers (just making up numbers here) are willing to buy when instead they can spend only a few hundred hours (again making up numbers, but taking out the FS9 development time) developing a product that thousands of FSXers are willing to buy. Potential customers who "know" what will sell really have no idea. They know what they want but not what the customer base wants. That is where PMDGs data comes in. The numbers won't lie.A perfect example of this is consol video games. I don't see any PS2 or PS1 games being made anymore even though people may still own them. The PS3 is out now and tons of people spent extra money to buy the new system and get the latest games. Developer refuse to makes games for outdated systems. Does anyone realistically believe these developers should change their minds and continue making games for PS1 or PS2? If they did, their return would be very low.I'm not saying that I'm for or against development of FS9 products, I'm simply saying I'm for PMDG making the best business choice for their client base and I have no doubts they will do the right thing even when doing that might be a very hard choice. Chad