Sign in to follow this  
jbinner

October 30, 2009, LIBRARY IS ONLINE!

All, we are pleased to announce the library is back online for downloads AND uploads. I want to thank all the technical team for assistance in these trying times the past few weeks. A few words on what we discovered / fixed:

• there was a left-over rate limiter in the configuration of the network that may have been limiting download speeds. I am happy to announce this is now removed.
  • you might notice SOME files with missing pictures for the file. If you own this file, please send NEW photos, MAKE SURE to put notes with the upload as to what File ID they belong to. Those with missing images have a place-holder image that will denote it's missing.

Again thank you for bearing with us and we hope you enjoy!

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

I think it still might be down. I tried to download some files and I get the "file not found message." I tried this in the scenery and scenery design section of FS9.Thanks,Alan
Most files are there but there some files aren't currently.

Brian Sperduto

:( Thanks again to the AVSIM staff. I just downloaded two files that were missing the first time the library was brought back up. Again thank you for all the hard work.

Ok, some of the files I checked earlier are now coming up and some are not, so I guess it's a hit and miss. At least it is working again. Thanks for all your hard work guys.Alan

Guest TU0833

the library is online BUT... i could not download a recent file uploaded just two weeks ago and get the annoying message "One of our files is missing". i thought this message would occur only for old-lost files due to the hack not for recent files. any comment from the library staff on that?

the library is online BUT... i could not download a recent file uploaded just two weeks ago and get the annoying message "One of our files is missing". i thought this message would occur only for old-lost files due to the hack not for recent files. any comment from the library staff on that?
Unfortunately these technical issues affected the newer files more. If you could please reupload it and reference the bad download ID. If you have any questions my email address is in my signature.

Brian Sperduto

Guest TU0833
Unfortunately these technical issues affected the newer files more. If you could please reupload it and reference the bad download ID. If you have any questions my email address is in my signature.
i don't have anyfiles uploaded in the library. the problem is with others files. Hope they reupload again. here are the ones that i was looking for this morining and are missing139397-139313-139313-139311

Ive uploaded over 340 paints to the library over the last 3 years and now all of them have dead links . I cant re-upload them as i dont have them anymore . Up until a couple of weeks ago about 50% were still available but now they all have dead links .Lee Marrow

Ive uploaded over 340 paints to the library over the last 3 years and now all of them have dead links . I cant re-upload them as i dont have them anymore . Up until a couple of weeks ago about 50% were still available but now they all have dead links .Lee Marrow
Lee,All you are seeing is the images are missing. I searched for your name in the library and out of the 10 I tried 9 came up as being there.

Brian Sperduto

Thanks again Tom and John for the incredible work Avsim staff has done to make the site rework in just 6 months!May I suggest to those who are uploaded files they have been uplaoding recently on Flightsim or other sites to mention in the file comment that they have done so. The file name is not always the same and you have to check you did not download it a few weeks earlier when the library was still closed. Claude Paris

Ah my bad thanks for the reply . I guess i should look a little closer next time .

Guest ryan78
Ah my bad thanks for the reply . I guess i should look a little closer next time .
i still cant use the library for some reason? :(

Guest Ingrs

I got the "AVSIM Library New Files List" with a daily e-mail post. Is this dead now?

I got the "AVSIM Library New Files List" with a daily e-mail post. Is this dead now?
If you received it before the hack you need to sign up for it again. It is currently operating normally being sent out every night

Brian Sperduto

Guest Ingrs

Oh, could you please guide me to this site where I can sign in again?